The Pakistan Super League (also known simply as PSL) is the premier T20 domestic tournament in Pakistan, and is becoming a major cricket betting event with six teams competing for the coveted title.
Pakistan Super League Betting Tips and Predictions
Welcome to our betting tips, here you will find all your free cricket betting tips on the Pakistan Super League (PSL), and all other major cricket competitions.
2021 Pakistan Super League
The 2021 edition of the Pakistan Super League gets under way on 20th February the opening fixture is Karachi Kings Vs Quetta Gladiators.
2021 - Latest Pakistan Super League Betting
In total there will be 34 matches played by the six teams. All six teams will play each other twice in double Round Robin format. A total of 10 games each per team.
In usual circumstances, this would be home and away matches – five home, and five away. But due to travel restrictions, only two grounds are to be used, the National Stadium in Karachi, and the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore.
At the end of the round robin section, the top four teams qualify for the play-offs.
The play-offs see four matches in total.
- Qualifier (for the final) – Group Winners Vs Group 2nd Place
- Eliminator 1 – Group 3rd Place Vs Group 4th Place
- Eliminator 2 – Loser of Qualifier Vs Winner of Eliminator 1
- Final (Winner of Qualifier Vs Winner of Eliminator 2)
Pakistan Super League Teams
There are six teams that take part in the competition. The Six teams that take part in the Pakistan Super League are:-
Cricket Betting Sites
2021 PSL Squads
The squads for the 2021 PSL have been announced. In total, each squad can have a minimum of 16 players, up to a maximum of 18 players.
Teams with a 16 player squad must have to have 5 overseas players, and 11 local players.
Teams that go for the 18 man squad can split go either 5 overseas, 13 local. Or 6 overseas players, 12 local.
- Islamabad United – Shadab Khan (C), Faheem Ashraf, Hussain Talat, Asif Ali, Muhammad Musa, Zafar Gohar, Hasan Ali, Rohail Nazir, Iftikhar Ahmed, Mohammad Wasim, Ahmed, Safi Abdullah, Akif Javed.
Overseas Players – Alex Hales, Lewis Gregory, Phil Salt, Fawad Ahmed, Ali Khan, Paul Stirling.
Withdrawn Players – Colin Munro, Reece Topley, Chris Jordan
- Karachi Kings – Imad Wasim (C), Babar Azam, Mohammad Amir, Aamer Yamin, Sharjeel Khan, Waqas Maqsood, Arshad Iqbal, Danish Aziz, Mohammad Ilyas, Zeeshan Malik, Qasim Akram, Abbas Afridi.
Karachi Overseas Players – Colin Ingram, Mohammad Nabi, Dan Christian, Chadwick Walton, Joe Clarke, Noor Ahmad.
- Lahore Qalandars – Sohail Akhtar (C), Mohammad Hafeez, Shaheen Afridi, Fakhar Zaman, Haris Rauf, Dilbar Hussain, Zeeshan Ashraf, Agha Salman, Muhammad Faizan, Maaz Khan, Muhammad Zaid, Ahmed Daniyal
Lahore Overseas Players – David Wiese, Ben Dunk, Rashid Khan, Samit Patel, Tom Abell, Joe Deney.
- Multan Sultans – Shan Masood (C), Shahid Afridi, Sohail Tanvir, Khushdil Shah, Usman Qadir, Sohail Khan, Mohammad Rizwan, Sohaib Maqsood, Sohaibullah, Shahnawaz Dhani, Mohammad Umar, Imran Khan,
Multan Overseas Players – Rilee Rossouw, Imran Tahir, James Vince, Chris Lynn, Adam Lyth, Carlos Brathwaite.
- Peshawar Zalmi – Wahab Riaz (C), Shoaib Malik, Kamran Akmal, Haider Ali, Amad Butt, Umaid Asif, Imam-ul-Haq, Mohammad Imran, Mohammad Irfan, Abrar Ahmed, Mohammad Imran, Mohammad Amir Khan.
Peshawar Overseas Players – Liam Livingstone, David Miller, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Sherfane Rutherford, Saqib Mahmood, Ravi Bopara.
- Quetta Gladiators – Sarfaraz Ahmed (C), Mohammad Hasnain, Mohammad Nawaz, Azam Khan, Naseem Shah, Zahid Mahmood, Anwar Ali, Usman Shinwari, Abdul Nasir, Saim Ayub, Arish Ali Khan, Usman Khan.
Quetta Overseas Players – Ben Cutting, Chris Gayle, Tom Banton, Cameron Delport, Qais Ahmad, Dale Steyn.
Team Playing Combinations
In the playing XIs, teams must have a minimum of 3 overseas players. The maximum number of overseas stars permitted to play in a match is 4.
History of the PSL
The Pakistan Super League was first held in 2016, with Islamabad United the first ever winners. Back in 2016, the competition only had five teams, a format that was repeated in 2017.
Expansion to six teams came in the 2018 edition, with Multan Sultans added to the competition.
- 2016 – Islamabad United
- 2017 – Peshawar Zalmi
- 2018 – Islamabad United
- 2019 – Quetta Gladiators
- 2020 – Karachi Kings
- 2021 –
Links and Resources
Pakistan Super League (PSL) FAQ
Six (6) – they are Islamabad United, Karachi Kings, Lahore Qalandars, Multan Sultans, Peshawar Zalmi and Quetta Gladiators.