New Zealand tour of England 2021 – The Kiwi’s are playing a 2 Test series against England, followed by the World Test Championship final at Southampton on 18th June.
2021 New Zealand Tour of England Itinerary
- 1st Test – England vs New Zealand @ Lord’s, 2nd June – 6th June.
- 2nd Test – England vs New Zealand @ Edgbaston, 10th June – 14th June.
- WTC – India vs New Zealand @ Rose Bowl, 18th June – 22nd June.
England vs New Zealand Squads
As is the norm in the current ‘bio-secure bubble’ climate we live in, the home side now a squad for the series.
England decided to not select their three format players who played in the curtailed IPL.
This leaves the hosts looking rather depleted with no Jos Buttler, Ben Stokes, or Jonny Bairstow in their ranks. Also missing is the injured Jofra Archer.
England did originally name Ben Foakes as wicket keeper.
The Surrey man was set for a rare run of games behind the stumps with no Bairstow or Buttler available. But Foakes suffered an unfortunate injury in the Surrey dressing room and is out for around 3 months.
This led to England calling up Sam Billings as cover behind the stumps, and opener Haseeb Hameed. Gloucester’s James Bracey is expected to replace Foakes behind the stumps.
- Joe Root (C), James Anderson, Sam Billings, James Bracey, Stuart Broad, Rory Burns, Zak Crawley, Haseeb Hameed, Dan Lawrence, Jack Leach, Craig Overton, Ollie Pope, Ollie Robinson, Dom Sibley, Olly Stone, Mark Wood
- Kane Williamson (C), Henry Nicholls, Ross Taylor, Colin de Grandhomme, Rachin Ravindra, Will Young, Jacob Duffy, Daryl Mitchell, Mitchell Santner, Tom Blundell, Devon Conway, Tom Latham, BJ Watling, Trent Boult (v India only), Doug Bracewell, Matt Henry, Kyle Jamieson, Ajaz Patel, Tim Southee, Neil Wagner
For the Kiwis, they will surely smell blood. These two test matches against England may well be a warm up for the World Test Championship Final against India in 2 weeks time, but they also represent a massive opportunity for them to add the name of England (in England) to their impressive run of wins of late.
There is no Trent Boult available for the England series. But even without him Tim Southee and Neil Wagner will be a major threat with the Dukes Ball.
And to further boost the visitors hopes, they have the man of the moment, Kyle Jamieson waiting to come on first change.