The opening match of Big Bash League 2020/21 – or BBL|10 as it’s also known – is Hobart Hurricanes Vs Sydney Sixers on 10/12/20, here’s our match preview along with top prediction.
Brief Match Summary
- Hobart Hurricanes Vs Sydney Sixers is the 1st match of BBL|10. It’s taking place at the Bellerive Oval, Hobart on 10th December 2020.
- Sydney Sixers are the Big Bash League defending champions. They have added to their ranks this season with signings like Carlos Brathwaite, Dan Christian and Jason Holder.
- On the flip side, Test stars like Mitchell Starc and Nathon Lyon won’t be available for the first month of the tournament. The Sixers also suffered another blow when England’s Tom Curran pulled out of the tournament, citing bio-secure bubble fatigue and family reasons.
- For the Hobart Hurricanes, they have an explosive batting line up that makes them a real threat. Colin Ingram, Dawid Malan, D’Arcy Short and Matthew Wade are the sort of quartet who will put the fear of God into bowlers all across Australia.
- The bowling could be a problem for the Hurricanes though. The recent luring of Johan Botha out of retirement highlights how short they are in the bowling and all-rounders department.
- Free Cricket Betting Tips
- The match starts at 7.15pm local time, which is 8.15pm in the UK. The match is live on BT Sports.
Hobart Hurricanes Vs Sydney Sixers Betting Odds
- Match Odds – Hobart Hurricanes 5/6 – Sydney Sixers EVS
- Opening Partnership – Hurricanes 8/11 – Sixers 11/10 – Tie 40/1
- #OddsOnThat – Both Teams To Score 160+ @ 5/6
Hobart have announced a 14 man squad for their opening fixture.
It is Scott Boland, Johan Botha, Tim David, Nathan Ellis, James Faulkner, Peter Handscomb, Colin Ingram, Caleb Jewell, Will Jacks, Riley Meredith, D’Arcy Short, Charlie Wakim, Nick Winter and Macalister Wright.
With no Matthew Wade available for Hobart for the first part of the tournament, the Hurricanes are yet to announce a captain.
Sydney are also without their regular captain, Moises Henriques, who is on Australia A duty. In his absence, Daniel Hughes will lead the side.
The Sixers have named a 16 man squad. It is Daniel Hughes (C), Justin Avendano, Nick Bertus, Carlos Brathwaite, Daniel Christian, Ben Dwarshuis, Jack Edwards,, 46. Ben Manenti, Lawrence Neil-Smith, Stephen O’Keefe, Josh Philippe, Lloyd Pope, Tom Rogers, Gurinder Sandhu, Jordan Silk and James Vince.
Hobart Hurricanes Vs Sydney Sixers Prediction 10/12/20
With no real match form to speak off from a team perspective, tipping is a touch difficult.
It looks like Hobart have a pretty formidable batting line up, but they lack a bit in the bowling department. They also have no Dawid Malan (quarantine) or Matthew Wade (international duty) .
Sydney have probably got a weaker batting line up, but are a better balanced team in general. They are also without Steve Smith and Tom Curran this year.
Prediction – Hobart Hurricanes to win @ 5/6 with Betfair