IPL 2021 Betting – Match 8 Prediction– Punjab Kings vs Chennai Super Kings on 16/4/21 is the 8th Match in the 2021 Indian Premier League, here we bring you the latest match betting info, along with our PBKS vs CSK betting tips and match prediction.
PBKS vs CSK Betting Tips & Prediction 2021
PBKS vs CSK Prediction – PBKS To Win
Latest PBKS vs CSK Betting Odds
- 10Cric >>> PBKS @ 1.80 – CSK @ 1.90
- Casumo >>> PBKS @ 1.84 – CSK @ 1.96
- Betfair >>> PBKS @ 1.83 – CSK @ 1.91
2022 IPL Betting - Latest Betting Odds
PBKS vs CSK Match Summary and Preview
- Punjab Kings (PBKS) vs Chennai Super Kings (CSK)
- Match 8 of the 2021 IPL
- PBKS vs CSK Venue – Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai, India
- Date – 16th April 2021
- Time – 8.30pm IST / 3pm UK
- Format – T20 Night Match
- PBKS vs CSK Toss –
Here at CBB we have plenty more free Cricket Betting Tips on all major matches, including all 60 matches in the 2021 IPL.
You can also read more about the IPL on our Indian Premier League betting page.
Punjab Kings vs Chennai Super Kings Preview
This is the final match in the 2nd round of fixtures. Punjab got their campaign off to a winning start, with a 4 runs win over Rajasthan in Match 4, while CSK lost their opening match to Delhi Capitals (7 wickets).
From Punjab’s perspective, they probably thought the job was done when they set Rajasthan Royals 222 runs to win. So they may be alarmed when they look back and see just how close they came to losing that high scoring match.
For CSK, they recovered well from a disastrous start against Delhi Capitals in their 7 wickets loss. To finish on 188/7 after been 7/2 is a decent recovery. But when they got in the field, things were worse for Dhoni’s men.
Delhi Capitals chased down the 189 needed with alarming ease, with only Dwayne Bravo and Ravindra Jadeja not going around the park. On another positive for CSK, Moeen Ali also looked decent with the bat. So it wasn’t a total disaster.
Neither of these two sides bowled well in their opening matches. But with Punjab having the express pace of Aussie duo Riley Meredith and Jhye Richardson in their ranks – along with the experience of Mohammad Shami – I’m thinking this could well be another bad day for the Super Kings.
Meredith and Richardson might well have gone for a few runs in their opening match, but I expect them to improve as they get more familiar with the conditions.
May main worry about Punjab is the batting. West Indian legend Chris Gayle can be a bit to unpredictable these days, as can Nicholas Pooran.
Despite this, I’m still expecting PBKS to be too strong for the Super Kings.
PBKS are 1.67 in highest opening partnership betting, with canny operators Shami and Richardson opening the bowling, I think that represents a good value bet.
Punjab Kings Squad
- KL Rahul (C), Chris Gayle, Mayank Agarwal, Nicholas Pooran, Mandeep Singh, Sarfaraz Khan, Deepak Hooda, Prabhsimran Singh, Mohammed Shami, Chris Jordan, Darshan Nalkande, Ravi Bishnoi, Murugan Ashwin, Arshdeep Singh, Harpreet Brar, Ishan Porel, Dawid Malan, Jhye Richardson, Shahrukh Khan, Riley Meredith, Moises Henriques, Jalaj Saxena, Utkarsh Singh, Fabian Allen, Saurabh Kumar.
Chennai Super Kings Squad
- MS Dhoni (C), Narayan Jagadeesabn, Suresh Raina, Ruturaj Gaikwad, KM Asif, Karn Sharma, Ambati Rayudu, Deepak Chahar, Faf du Plessis, Shardul Thakur, Ravindra Jadeja, Imran Tahir, Robin Uthappa, Moeen Ali, K Gowtham, Cheteshwar Pujara, M.Harisankar Reddy, K.Bhagath Varma, C Hari Nishaanth, R Sai Kishore, Mitchell Santner, Dwayne Bravo, Lungi Ngidi, Sam Curran (Josh Hazlewood withdrawn).
PBKS vs CSK Head-To-Head
- 1/11/20 – CSK won by 9 wickets
- 4/10/20 – CSK won by 10 wickets
- 5/5/19 – PBKS won by 6 wickets
- 6/4/19 – CSK won by 22 runs
- 20/5/18 – CSK won by 5 wickets