Match 28 in Super Smash is Central Districts Vs Canterbury Kings on 5/2/21, here we bring you our match preview, latest betting odds, spread betting, and top match prediction.
Central Districts Vs Canterbury Kings Betting Odds
- Match Odds – Central Districts 9/10 – Canterbury Kings 9/10
- Opening Partnership – CD 4/5 – Kings Evs – Tie 40/1
- Central Districts Vs Canterbury Kings is Match 28 in the New Zealand Super Smash.
- The match is on 28th January 2021, with a local start time of 7.10pm. The match starts at 6.10am in the UK.
- The venue for the match is McLean Park, Napier.
- Central Stags/Districts sit third in the Super Smash table on 20 points.
- They have won five and lost four of their nine games so far.
- A heavy defeat for Central Districts will give Northern Knights a slim chance of qualifying for the elimination final on Net Run Rate.
- Canterbury Kings have nothing other than pride to play for.
- They sit second in the table on 24 points from nine matches, and are already in the elimination final.
- The Kings have won six, and lost three.
- 10/1/21 – Stags won by 18 runs
- 7/1/20 – Stags won by 17 runs
- 23/12/19 – Kings won by 30 runs
- 19/1/19 – Stags won by 18 runs
- 13/1/19 – Stags won by 6 wickets
Central Districts Vs Canterbury Kings Prediction 5/2/21
Although it’s highly unlikely, Central Stags can still be pipped to third place in the table by Northern Knights.
It would take a heavy defeat for the Stags, and a huge win for the Knights to overturn the Net Run Rate (NRR), but it’s not impossible.
In their last match, the Stags were well beaten by Wellington Firebirds, so will come into this match low on confidence. Canterbury Kings won their last outing, beating Otago by 6 wickets last Saturday.
In normal circumstances I would expect a routine victory for the Kings here, as they have looked the stronger side this season. My only doubt is because they have nothing to play for.
In contrast, Central Districts do have plenty to play for, although I can’t see that having any effect on the match outcome. The Stags have lost four this season, that’s nearly as many as they’ve won.
And I can see them losing again in this one, although I think they will qualify for the eliminator, and a rematch with the Kings.