Cricket Betting – New Zealand Vs Australia 22/2/21 is the opening match of a 5 match T20 series, here we bring you the latest match odds and spread betting, along with our free cricket betting tips and match prediction.
Cricket Betting Sites
New Zealand Vs Australia Preview, Prediction and Betting Tips 22/2/21
Prediction – Australia To Win
- New Zealand Vs Australia – This is the first T20 of a five match series.
- The venue for the match is the Hagley Oval, Christchurch, New Zealand.
- The match is on 22nd February 2021, with a start time of 6am in the UK, which is 7pm local time.
- The bookmakers are split on this match, some have the Kiwis favourites, while some go with the Aussies to win the opening match.
- The Kiwis have played six T20s during their home season, winning four, losing one, with one No Result.
- They go into this series with almost a full strength squad, only pace man Lockie Ferguson is missing.
- Australia have lost both their last two T20 series, both to 2-1 scorelines.
- Most recently, at home to India, with the previous defeat coming in England last September.
- Despite having a strong looking squad on paper, the Aussies are missing some of their biggest names for this tour.
- The likes of Warner, Smith, Cummings, Hazlewood and Starc were all named in the Test team to tour South Africa (which was subsequently called off), making them unavailable for this squad.
- New Zealand and Kane Richardson have had a summer to remember. They’ve been in great form, and confidence must be sky high.
- Australia have had a disappointing season so far, and were well beaten across all formats by India.
- Despite this, I think this Australia squad looks well capable of causing an upset.
- The majority of these players didn’t take part in the series against India, and won’t be carrying any baggage into this tour.
- New Zealand – Kane Williamson (C), Martin Guptill, Tim Seifert, Devon Conway, Glenn Phillips, Jimmy Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Kyle Jamieson, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi, Trent Boult, Mark Chapman, Hamish Bennett, (Finn Allen, Standby).
- Australia – Aaron Finch (C), Josh Philippe (WK), Matthew Wade (WK), Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Mitchell Marsh, Ashton Turner, Ashton Agar, Jhye Richardson, Kane Richardson, Adam Zampa, Jason Behrendorff, Ben Mc Dermott (WK), Riley Meredith, Daniel Sams, Tanveer Sangha, D’Arcy Short, Andrew Tye.
New Zealand Vs Australia Head-to Head
- 21/2/18 – Australia won by 19 runs
- 16/2/18 – Australia won by 5 wickets
- 3/2/189 – Australia won by 7 wickets
- 18/3/16 – New Zealand won by 8 runs
- 28/2/10 – Tie – NZ won Super Over