The series stands all square after India’s remarkable win in Melbourne, and now its Australia Vs India in the 3rd Test match on 7/1/21, our match preview comes with the latest odds, spread betting and match prediction.
Australia Vs India Betting Odds
- Match Odds – Australia 8/13 – The Draw 5/1 – India 13/5
- Opening Partnership – Australia 8/15 – India 11/8
- First Innings Lead – Australia 8/15 – India 11/8
Australia Vs India 3rd Test – Match Preview
- Australia Vs India – 3rd Test Match, 7th January 2021 to 11th January 2021.
- The match comes from the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG) in Sydney, New South Wales.
- The New Year’s Test match starts at 10.30am local time, that’s 11.30pm in the UK.
- The best of four match series is nicely poised at 1-1 after two contrasting Test matches.
- Australia humbled India in the 1st Test, winning it by 8 wickets, with India dismissed for just 36 in their 2nd innings.
- India fought back brilliantly in the 2nd Test to win it by 8 wickets (as well).
- Ajinkya Rahane brilliantly captained the side in the absence of Virat Kohli, and also scored a crucial 1st innings century to set the match up for the tourists.
- Australia welcome back a less than 100% fit David Warner to open the innings.
- Will Pucovski looks set to open with Warner in a new look opening partnership for Australia.
- For India, they have Rohit Sharma available to open the innings.
- As well as having no Virat Kohli, the tourists are also without the bowling trio of Ishant Sharma, Mohammed Shami and Umesh Yadav.
Cricket Spread Betting
For more information about spread betting, check out our cricket spread betting explained page.
Australia Vs India 3rd Test Prediction 7/1/21
This is a remarkably hard Test match to call for a number of reasons.
The Aussies are a tough nut to crack at home. But despite this, they have been second best for a lot of this Test series – with the obvious exception of the Indian 2nd innings of the 1st Test!
Australia have got a couple of proper openers at the top of their attack now. The out of form Joe Burns has gone (to be replaced by David Warner). While Matthew Wade is probably going to drop back down to the middle order, and be replaced at the top by Will Pucovski.
How a less than 100% fit David Warner, and debutant Will Pucovski fare against Jasprit Bumrah, could be pivotal to deciding this Test match.
Equally intriguing is Rohit Sharma probably coming in to open the batting for India.
Despite being one of the top white ball openers in world cricket, Sharma has never opened in an overseas test.
How will he fare against the Aussie pace trio of Starc, Cummins and Hazlewood?
If India win the toss and do bat first, then we also have the possibility of seeing Australia chase a total in the 4th innings of the match up against the spin of R Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja.
There are just so many interesting match ups and connotations surrounding this 3rd Test match.
Ultimately when it comes down to it, there are plenty of strengths and weaknesses in both teams.
India are going to be heavily reliant on the bowling of both Bumrah and Ashwin. And as good as they are, they are going to need strong back up.
Jadeja is good support for Bumrah, but will the pace attack hold up given all the injuries?
Due to all the injuries to Indian bowlers, and the fact that the Aussies are at home, I’m just leaning towards the hosts winning this one. For any kind of injuries, Waco area slip and fall injury law firm can help with the same!