Match 17 in Super Smash is Canterbury Kings Vs Wellington Firebirds on 16/1/21, here we bring you our match preview, latest betting odds, spread betting, and top match prediction.
Cricket Betting Sites
Canterbury Kings Vs Wellington Firebirds Betting Odds
- Match Odds – Canterbury Kings Evs – Wellington Firebirds 4/5
- Opening Partnership – Kings Evs – Firebirds 5/6 – Tie 40/1
- Canterbury Kings Vs Wellington Firebirds is Match 17 in the New Zealand Super Smash.
- The match is on 16th January 2021, with a local time start of 11.10am. This is a start time of 10.10pm on 15th January in the UK, due to the time difference with New Zealand.
- The venue for the match is Hagley Oval, Christchurch.
- Canterbury Kings sit third in the Super Smash table on 16 points from five matches.
- The Kings have won four, and drawn one. They are level on points with second place Central Districts (Stags), with a game in hand on the Stags.
- In their last fixture (Match 16), the Kings beat Northern Knights by 6 wickets with 7 balls.
- Wellington Firebirds sit top of the Super Smash table with 20 points.
- They have a 100% record with five wins from five matches.
- Last time out (Match 15), Wellington beat Otago Volts by 5 wickets with 21 balls remaining.
Cricket Spread Betting
- Firebirds/Kings– Sell @ 2 Buy @ 10
- Canterbury Kings – 100-50-0 Index – Sell @ 41 Buy @ 47
- Wellington Firebirds – 100-50-0 Index – Sell @ 53 Buy @ 59
For more information about spread betting, check out our cricket spread betting explained page.
Kings Vs Firebirds Head To Head
- 9/1/20 – Kings won by 3 runs
- 15/12/19 – Firebirds won by 6 wickets
- 9/2/19 – Kings won by 7 wickets
- 6/1/19 – Firebirds won by 65 runs
- 7/1/18 – Kings won by 62 runs
Canterbury Kings Vs Wellington Firebirds Prediction 16/1/21
This is one of the most eagerly awaited clashes of the 2020/21 Super Smash.
The Firebirds have been impeccable so far this season in the Smash, but if they lose this match, they will be neck and neck with the Kings at the top.
The Kings have Kiwi bowling stars like Matt Henry and Todd Astle in their ranks.
They are up against the most explosive top order in the Super Smash. Finn Allen in particular has been in superb form for the Firebirds, hitting an unbeaten 92 from just 43 balls in his last match.
At 4 and 5, the Firebirds have Tom Blundell and big hitting Jimmy Neesham, making them a formidable batting line up.
How the likes of Matt Henry, Ed Nuttall, Todd Astle and co get on against the Firebirds’ opening partnership of Devon Conway and Finn Allen will go a long way to determining the outcome of the match.
It’s a tough call to predict the winner of this one, and the match could even come down to whoever wins the toss.
For my prediction though, I’m going to go for the Kings to win this one.