Match 41 in BBL|10 is Sydney Sixers Vs Perth Scorchers on 16/1/21, and here we bring you our match preview, latest odds, spread betting, and top prediction on the Sixers Vs Scorchers.
Sixers Vs Scorchers Betting
- Match Odds – Sydney Sixers Evs – Perth Scorchers 4/5
- Opening Partnership –Sixers Evs – Scorchers 4/5 – Tie 40/1
- #OddsOnThat (Betfair Special) Both Teams To Score 160+ @ Evs
- #OddsOnThat (Betfair Special) Both Teams To Score 170+ @ 15/8
Sydney Sixers Vs Perth Scorchers Match Preview
- Sydney Sixers Vs Perth Scorchers is Match 41 in the Big Bash League 2020/21 season, also known as BBL|10.
- The match is on 15th January, and starts at 7.40am (UK time).
- The venue for this fixture is the Manuka Oval, Canberra. This is officially a home match for the Sixers
- Sydney Sixers sit top of the Big Bash table with 29 points from ten matches.
- The Sixers have won seven and lost three.
- Their most recent fixture was the 5 wicket victory over city rivals the Thunder.
- The Scorchers sit third in the Big Bash table on 20 points from nine matches.
- They are the form team in the tournament having won their last five matches.
- In total, Perth Scorchers have won five, lost three, and had one No Result.
Cricket Spread Betting
- Scorchers/Sixers – Sell @ 0 – Buy @ 8
- Sydney Sixers – 100-50-0 Index – Sell @ 44 Buy @ 50
- Perth Scorchers – 100-50-0 Index – Sell @ 50 Buy @ 56
For more information about spread betting, check out our cricket spread betting explained page.
Sydney Sixers Vs Perth Scorchers Prediction 16/1/21
The Sixers win over Sydney Thunder in their last match did come with a bit of assistance from Duckworth/Lewis (DL). Although it’s more than fair to say that the Sixers were in the slightly stronger position when the rain did intervene.
Either way, it was another win for the Sixers.
I did question the closeness of some of their recent matches in my preview. Asking if the close run matches were negative, a sign their form was patchy. Or if it was a positive, that they just know how to win games.
Clearly it looks like it is the latter.
Nevertheless, they go into this match not as favourites. That honour bestows the Scorchers.
And this despite the news that Mitchell Marsh is out of the match.
Another thing that might go against the Scorchers, is that they are not playing at the Furnace (Perth Stadium) in the fixture, or indeed in any of their remaining fixtures.
The fast bouncy wicket there suited their hostile pace attack, as well as some of their batsmen such as Jason Roy, Liam Livingston and Colin Munro – all batsmen that thrive on the ball coming onto the bat quickly.
In the reverse fixture between these two sides the Scorchers absolutely destroyed the Sixers at the Perth Stadium back in Match 30. Perth ran out winners by 86 runs, as the Sixers couldn’t cope with their pace attack.
On paper the Scorchers look to have the stronger team, and they are also the form team as well.
This means there is only one team I can pick to win this one, and I’m going for another win for the Scorchers.