Tuesday (1/12/20) sees South Africa Vs England from Newlands, here is our match preview along with match odds, and match prediction.
SA V England – Brief Match Summary
- South Africa Vs England is the third and final T20 of the series. It is taking place at Newlands, Cape Town, on the same surface that was used in Match 1.
- The match starts at 6pm local time, and 4pm in the UK.
- England already have a 2-0 lead in the best of 3 series, and therefore are more likely to use their squad players.
- South Africa white ball captain Quinton de Kock is coming under a bit of pressure over his captaincy, with elements of the media suggesting, captaining, opening and wicket keeping, is too much to handle and starting to take it’s toll.
- For England, opener Jason Roy has had a run of bad scores. But as a vital cog in the English batting line up, he will be under no pressure for his place.
- If England win today, they will go joint top of the ICC T20 Rankings, alongside Australia.
- Form guide for England is WWLWW, while for South Africa it is LLLWL (most recent result first).
- Unsurprisingly, England go into the match as the bookmaker’s favourites. Latest betting has South Africa at 6/4, and England at 8/15.
This is the third and final T20 of the best of three series. England won the first two matches, both batting second.
It will be interesting to see what Quinton de Kock may do if he wins the toss, knowing England’s preference to chase.
- South Africa Vs England
- 3rd T20 (England lead series 2-0)
- Venue – Newlands Cricket Ground, Cape Town
- Date – 1/12/20
- Time – 6pm Local – 4pm UK
- TV – Sky Sports (UK)
- Match Centre
- Cricket Betting Tips
South Africa Vs England Betting
There’s not been a massive amount of chance in the odds throughout the whole 3 matches. England have been around the 4/7, to 8/15 mark throughout.
And it’s a similar story for the South Africans, who have been around 11/8, to 6/4 for all matches this series.
- Match Odds – South Africa 6/4 – England 8/15
- Opening Partnership – South Africa 11/10 – England 8/11 – Tie 40/1
- Both Teams To Score 160+ Runs – 6/4
With the surface being used for the second time, the odds makers are expecting it to be lower scoring than the 1st T20 though.
In that match, both teams to score 160+ runs was 5/4. It’s now a more appealing 6/4.
South Africa Vs England Prediction 1/12/20
Prediction – South Africa to win @ 2.5 (6/4)
With the series already sown up, I have a feeling England might experiment in this match.
The experimental England side is more than capable of winning, but at odds on, I think I would oppose Eoin Morgan’s team today.
South Africa have been right in both matches of this series, and have been very competitive. And with a bit more ‘know how’ they may have won either or both of the first two matches.
I feel this makes them decent value today.