It’s South Africa Vs England from Newlands, Cape Town today (27/11/20), and here is our match preview, best value bets, and match prediction.
- South Africa Vs England is the first T20 of a 3 match series. The venue for the 1st T20 is Newlands Cricket Ground, and the match will be played with no fans in attendance.
- Newlands, Cape Town and Boland Park, Paarl will be the only 2 grounds used for England’s white ball tour (6 matches in total, T20s x 3, and ODI x 3).
- Match betting sees England as favourites – England are 4/7 – South Africa are 11/8
- The hosts last played a T20 series in February, losing 2-1 at home to Australia in a 3 match series.
- England’s last T20 outings were at home to Australia in September, Eoin Morgan’s side won the 3 match series 2-1.
- In ICC World T20 rankings, England are No.2 in the world, while South Africa are currently ranked 5th.
South Africa Vs England 1st T20 Preview
Regrettably for the hosts the build up to this match – and indeed series – seems to have been dominated for all the wrong reasons.
It seems that anything that could go wrong for the South African team, is going wrong.
Normally, distractions at board level, and with TV deals, etc, are things that don’t have any impact on the players.
But the Black Lives Matter movement is something that could definitely upset the harmony of the players, and it’s fair to say it’s a situation that could have been handled far better than it has been.
- Venue – Newlands Cricket Ground
- Date – 27/11/20
- Time – 4pm (UK Time)
- TV – Sky Sports
- Match Centre
- Cricket Betting Tips
Bizarrely, England currently seem to have a embarrassment of riches when it comes to T20 players. The news that Jos Buttler is going to open, breaks up the Roy and Bairstow opening partnership.
Does this mean Roy or Bairstow drops down to bat at No.3, surely not. England have the world number ranked T20 batsman, Dawid Malan, batting there.
It’s a decent selection headache to have, but could it see England over complicating things, and putting noses out of joint?
South Africa – Quinton de Kock (C), Temba Bavuma, Faf du Plessis, Rassie van der Dussen, David Miller, Heinrich Klaasen, Andile Phehlukwayo, Kagiso Rabada, Lungi Ngidi, Anrich Nortje, Tabraiz Shamsi
England – Jason Roy, Jos Buttler, Dawid Malan, Jonny Bairstow, Ben Stokes, Eoin Morgan (C), Moeen Ali, Chris Jordan, Adil Rashid, Jofra Archer, Mark Wood
South Africa Vs England Betting
- Match Odds – South Africa 11/8 – England 4/7
- Opening Partnership – South Africa Evens – England 4/5 – Tie 40/1
- Both Teams To Score 160+ Runs – 5/4
South Africa Vs England Prediction 27/11/20
Quinton de Kock is starting out as a captain and is in charge of a team in transition. Contrast that to the English set up of Morgan, Roy, Bairstow, Buttler, Stokes, etc, and there only looks one winner.
Cricket isn’t as simple as that though. And despite not having much of a warm up, a lot of the South African players were at the IPL, and have form.
When South African backs are up against the wall, they also have a habit of coming out fighting. And I fully expect to see that today.
I still have to go with England though. They just have the superior fire power, and are a team at the height of their game.