The biggest match of BBL|10 to date is the Qualifier, and it’s Sydney Sixers Vs Perth Scorchers on 30/1/21, and here we bring you our match preview, latest odds, spread betting, and top prediction on the Sixers Vs Scorchers.
Cricket Betting Sites
Sixers Vs Scorchers Betting
- Match Odds – Sydney Sixers @ Evs – Perth Scprchers @ 4/5
- Opening Partnership –Sixers @ 5/6 – Scorchers @ 10/11 – Tie @ 40/1
- #OddsOnThat (Betfair Special) Both Teams To Score 160+ @ 5/6
- #OddsOnThat (Betfair Special) Both Teams To Score 170+ @ 15/8
Sydney Sixers Vs Perth Scorchers Preview
- Sydney Sixers Vs Perth Scorchers is Qualifier Match in the Big Bash League 2020/21 season.
- The winners of this match go directly to the Big Bash final.
- The match is on 30th January, and starts at 8.15am (UK time).
- The venue for this fixture is the Manuka Oval, Canberra.
- Sydney Sixers finished top of the BBL table with 36 points. They won nine matches, losing just the five.
- Perth Scorchers finished second in the table on 32 points.
- The Scorchers won eight matches, lost five, and had one no result.
- Our Cricket Betting Tips page has stacks more tips like this one, all 100% free!
Cricket Spread Betting
- Scorchers/Sixers – Sell @ 2 – Buy @ 10
- Sydney Sixers – 100-50-0 Index – Sell @ 43 Buy @ 49
- Perth Scorchers – 100-50-0 Index – Sell @ 51 Buy @ 57
For more information about spread betting, check out our cricket spread betting explained page.
Sixers Vs Scorchers Head-To-Head
- 16/1/21 – Sixers won by 7 wickets
- 6/1/21 – Scorchers won by 86 runs
- 26/12/19 – Sixers won by 48 runs
- 18/12/19 – Sixers won by 8 wickets
- 13/1/19 – Scorchers won by 7 wickets
Sydney Sixers Vs Perth Scorchers Prediction 30/1/21
This is comfortably the biggest match of BBL|10 so this season, with a place in the final awaiting the winners.
The Sixers and the Scorchers have been the best two sides in the competition this season. And regardless of the result in the qualifier, I actually would love to see these two contesting the final next week.
The Sixers have had a bit of a stutter towards the end of the group stage, but by that time they had already qualified for the finals. So its difficult to quantify is this was a drop off in intensity due to the fact they had already qualified.
Regardless of the reason behind the drop in form for the Sixers, its going to be difficult to flick the switch and start performing again in the same manner they were at the start of the competition.
In contrast, the Scorchers started slowly, and have steadily got better as the competition went on. They look the strongest all round team, and its not hard to see why the bookies make them favourites.
They’ve got nearly all bases covered. There is explosive power at the top, big hitting in the middle order, and they have a pace attack that is by far the strongest in the competition.
The only areas of weakness I can see in Perth are the lack of a nudger and nurdler in the batting, and a top class spinner.
In the BBL at the furnice, you can probably get away with the lack of spinner, but at the Manuka Oval, that will be an area the Sixers will be looking to exploit.
Given the Sixers recent hiccups though, I can see them falling short again. I just feel the Scorchers will be too strong, and I’m backing them to edge a close contest.