Match 29 in Super Smash is Otago Volts Vs Northern Knights on 6/2/21, here we bring you our match preview, latest betting odds, spread betting, and top match prediction.
Otago Volts Vs Northern Knights Betting Odds
- Match Odds – Otago Volts @ 2/1 – Northern Knights @ 4/11
- Opening Partnership – Volts @ 10/11 – Knights @ 5/6 – Tie @ 40/1
Volts Vs Knights Match Preview
- Otago Volts Vs Northern Knights is Match 29 in the New Zealand Super Smash.
- The match is on 6th February 2021, and starts at 2.10am (UK time).
- The venue for the match is University Oval, Dunedin.
- Otago Volts sit bottom of the table with 8 points from their nine matches.
- They’ve won two and lost seven of their nine matches so far.
- Northern Knights sit fourth in the table on 16 points from nine matches.
- After a horrendous start to the Super Smash, the Knights have now won their last three matches.
- This is mainly down to the return to the side of Tim Southee and Trent Boult.
Cricket Spread Betting
- Knights/Volts– Sell @ 18 – Buy @ 26
- Otago Volts – 100-50-0 Index – Sell @ 28 Buy @ 34
- Northen Knights – 100-50-0 Index – Sell @ 66 Buy @ 72
For more information about spread betting, check out our cricket spread betting explained page.
Otago Volts Vs Northern Knights Prediction 6/2/21
Otago Volts are on the same number of points as Auckland Aces. So in order to avoid finishing bottom of the table, the Volts need to better the result of the Aces in the final round of fixtures.
Such is the difference in Net Run Rate, it’s highly unlikely the Volts will finish above the Aces if their matches both have the same outcome.
The big problem the Volts have is that they have become accustomed to losing. And it’s not just the defeats, it’s the manner of the defeats.
In their last match, ironically against Auckland, a win for the Volts would have guaranteed they don’t finish bottom of the table. They managed to get bowled out for just 80, and lose the match by a huge 103 runs.
The Knights look to strong for the Volts on paper, and they also are in the better form. Despite only being 4/11, it’s impossible to not go with the Knights.