Match 3 in Super Smash is Otago Volts Vs Auckland Aces on 28/12/20, and here we bring you our match preview, latest betting, and top prediction.
Otago Volts Vs Auckland Aces Betting Odds
- Match Odds – Otago Volts 11/10 – Auckland Aces 8/11
- Opening Partnership – Volts 6/5 – Aces 4/6 – Tie 40/1
- Otago Volts Vs Auckland Aces is Match 3 in the Super Smash. The match is on 28th December 2020, and starts at 3am in the UK.
- The venue for the match is Molyneux Park, Alexandra.
- This is Otago Volts first match in the 2020/21 Super Smash.
- In last season’s table the Volts finished second. They had 22 points from their 10 matches – 2 more than the Aces.
- The Auckland Aces finished in third place with 20 points, but they still had the last laugh over the Volts in 2019/20.
- The last time these two teams met was in January 2020 in last season’s Preliminary Final.
- The Aces won that encounter by 3 wickets with 1 ball left, with Martin Guptill top scoring with 43 runs from 31 balls.
Otago Volts Vs Auckland Aces Prediction 28/12/20
It’s the first match of the Super Smash for the Volts, meaning there is no form to judge them off.
This could work in the Aces favour, as they already have a game under their belt. Albeit, a game they lost.
Will it be enough to win this match for the Volts? Only time will tell.
The Aces are without most of their big names, who are on international duty with the New Zealand national squad.
They would have been prepared for this though, and have still assembled a handy squad.
I thought that squad would be enough to see the Aces beat Wellington Firebirds in Match 1, and the Aces came up short.
So I’m going to stick my neck out and oppose the Aces this time, and tip the Volts to edge a close contest.