2nd Test Match Prediction – New Zealand Vs Pakistan 3/1/21 is the first Test match to start in 2021, and here in our match preview we have all the information you need along with our match prediction.
Cricket Betting Sites
New Zealand Vs Pakistan 2nd Test Betting Odds
- Match Odds – New Zealand 1/3 – The Draw 6/1 – Pakistan 4/1
- Opening Partnership – New Zealand 2/5 – Pakistan 7/4
- First Innings Lead – New Zealand 2/9 – Pakistan 11/4
- ICC Match Centre
- New Zealand Vs Pakistan – 2nd Test Match, 3rd January 2021, to 7th January 2021.
- The match is being played at Hagley Oval, Christchurch. It starts at 11am on Sunday 3rd January local time, which is 10pm on 2nd January, UK time.
- New Zealand won the 1st Test match by 101 runs.
- This is the final match of Pakistan’s tour of New Zealand. The hosts won the proceeding T20 series, 2-1.
- In team news, Matt Henry looks set to replace the injured Neil Wagner in a like-for-like swap.
- A win for New Zealand will see the Kiwis go Number 1 in the World Rankings. That could change at the end of the Australia Vs India series.
- A win for the Kiwis is also essential if they wish to qualify for the World Test Championship final.
- Pakistan are still without skipper Babar Azam, who is still not 100% after his fractured thumb.
- With a series against South Africa not far off, it was decided not to risk Azam.
- Wicket-keeper Mohammad Rizwan will continue to lead the side in the absence of Azam.
- New Zealand Squad – Kane Williamson (C), Tom Blundell, Trent Boult, Matt Henry, Kyle Jamieson, Tom Latham, Daryl Mitchell, Henry Nicholls, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Neil Wagner, BJ Watling (WK), Will Young.
- Pakistan Squad – Mohammad Rizwan (C & WK), Mohammad Abbas, Shaheen Afridi, Sarfaraz Ahmed, Fawad Alam, Abid Ali, Azhar Ali, Faheem Ashraf, Imran Butt, Shadab Khan, Sohail Khan, Shan Masood, Yasir Shah, Naseem Shah, Haris Sohail.
Cricket Spread Betting
New Zealand Vs Pakistan 2nd Test Prediction 3/1/21
New Zealand haven’t lost a home test match since 2017, and they are now a side that don’t have an inferiority complex to any cricketing nation in the world.
Pakistan showed plenty of resistance in the 1st Test match, and did come a lot closer to claiming a draw than most seasoned watchers expected they would.
They are still one of those sides capable of producing a performance to beat anybody, but it’s impossible to predict anything other than a win for the Kiwis on current form.
Kane Williamson is at the peak of his powers, and his team simply have too much to play for in this Test match.