Match 56 in BBL|10 is Melbourne Stars Vs Sydney Sixers on 26/1/21, and here we bring you our match preview, latest odds, spread betting, and top prediction on the Stars Vs Sixers.
Cricket Betting Sites
Stars Vs Sixers Betting
- Match Odds – Melbourne Stars @ Evs – Sydney Sixers @ 4/5
- Opening Partnership – Stars @ Evs – Sixers @ 8/11 – Tie @ 40/1
- #OddsOnThat (Betfair Special) Both Teams To Score 160+ @ Evs
- #OddsOnThat (Betfair Special) Both Teams To Score 170+ @ 2/1
Melbourne Stars Vs Sydney Sixers Match Preview
- Melbourne Stars Vs Sydney Sixers is Match 56 in the Big Bash League 2020/21 season, also known as BBL|10.
- The match is on 26th January, and starts at 8.30am (UK time).
- The venue for this fixture is the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Victoria. This is officially a home match for the Stars.
- This is the final group fixture for both these sides in BBL|10.
- Melbourne Stars sit seventh in the BBL|10 table on 24 points from thirteen matches.
- Their destiny is out of their hands, although if results go their way earlier in the day, by the time they play, it could be back in their own hands.
- The Stars haven’t fired at the crucial times often enough. In their last match they lost to Perth Scorchers, but the loss that hurt the most was in the previous match to the Renegades.
- Sydney Sixers sit second in the table on 32 points from their thirteen matches.
- The Sixers have led for the majority of the season, until the Scorchers took over top spot on Saturday.
- They have lost their last two matches, but scored over 180 in both showing their is little wrong with their batting.
Cricket Spread Betting
- Sixers/Stars – Sell @ -4 Buy @ 4
- Melbourne Stars – 100-50-0 Index – Sell @ 47 Buy @ 53
- Sydney Sixers – 100-50-0 Index – Sell @ 47 Buy @ 53
For more information about spread betting, check out our cricket spread betting explained page.
Stars Vs Sixers Head-To-Head
- 19/12/20 – Sixers won by 1 wicket
- 21/1/20 – Sixers won by 19 runs
- 24/12/19 – Sixers won by 43 runs
- 7/2/19 – Sixers won by 21 runs
- 7/1/19 – Stars won by 44 runs
Melbourne Stars Vs Sydney Sixers Prediction 26/1/21
Melbourne Stars have had a right old mixed bag of a Big Bash series so far, and nothing they do in this match will surprise me. They could lose by 60, 70 runs, or win by 8 wickets. They are that sort of side.
The most disappointing thing of all for them though, must be the fact that they brilliantly played themselves back into contention for the finals, only to then throw it all away with a couple of average performances.
The two recent losses will have hurt, especially the one to the Renegades. If they had beaten the Renegades they would have been all but assured of a place in the finals. That must have been a bitter pill to swallow.
Main man, Glenn Maxwell, has had a rough run of form of late, and that hasn’t helped either. And as for the Spice Man at the top of the innings, he has provided the Stars with very little.
Their opponents also come into this match on the back of two defeats. In their last match against Hobart, the Sixers were really looking down the barrel of 200 plus at one point, but they fought back brilliantly to come within 7 runs of pulling off a magnificent heist.
Limiting the Hurricanes to just 188/8 would have been a major confidence boost for the Sixers’ bowling unit, who went for over 200 in the previous fixture. To go for 200 plus twice in 3 days would have been tough to take.
On the plus side, they have made over 180 in both of the defeats. So they can take some positives out of that.
And I believe that they will finish the group stage with a final win over the Stars, and get back to winning ways. Maybe even topping the group.