Match 42 in BBL|10 is Melbourne Stars Vs Melbourne Renegades on 17/1/21, and here we bring you our match preview, latest odds, spread betting, and top prediction on the Stars Vs Renegades.
Stars Vs Renegades Betting
- Match Odds – Melbourne Stars 8/15 – Melbourne Renegades 6/4
- Opening Partnership –Stars 8/11 – Renegades Evs – Tie 40/1
- #OddsOnThat (Betfair Special) Both Teams To Score 160+ @ 11/10
- #OddsOnThat (Betfair Special) Both Teams To Score 170+ @ 23/10
Melbourne Stars Vs Melbourne Renegades Match Preview
- Melbourne Stars Vs Melbourne Renegades is Match 42 in the Big Bash League 2020/21 season, also known as BBL|10.
- The match is on 17th January, and starts at 8.15am (UK time).
- The venue for this fixture is the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Victoria. This is officially a home match for the Stars.
- Melbourne Stars sit fourth in the Big Bash table with 20 points from ten matches.
- They have won four, lost five, and have one No Result.
- The Stars blew the competition for the top 4 wide open when they beat Adelaide Strikers by 111 runs on Friday.
- Melbourne Renegades have had a stinking competition so far, and sit bottom of the table on just 9 points from ten matches.
- The Renegades are by the worst side in the competition and are set for the wooded spoon.
- So far, the Renegades have won two matches, and have lost eight.
Cricket Spread Betting
- Stars/Renegades – Sell @ 8 – Buy @ 16
- Melbourne Stars – 100-50-0 Index – Sell @ 57 Buy @ 63
- Melbourne Renegades – 100-50-0 Index – Sell @ 37 Buy @ 43
For more information about spread betting, check out our cricket spread betting explained page.
Stars Vs Renegades Head-To-Head
- 10/1/20 – Stars won by 7 wickets
- 4/1/20 – Stars won by 8 wickets
- 17/2/19 – Renegades won by 13 runs
- 19/1/19 – Stars won by 6 wickets
- 1/1/19 – Stars won by 7 wickets
Melbourne Stars Vs Melbourne Renegades Prediction 17/1/21
It looked like somebody at the Stars had a word with Andre Fletcher prior to the Strikers match on Friday, and reminded him that he was in Australia to score runs, and win games for the Stars. As opposed to hitting a couple of fours, and then slogging the ball up in the air.
The subsequent performance from Fletcher was top class, and he finally delivered with a magnificent 89 not out.
Fletchers performance was match winning, and his embrace with Glenn Maxwell at the end, is what makes me think he had got a kick up the arse.
The win blew the race for the top 4 wide open, and seen the Stars jump from 7th place, to 4th place.
This will give them no end of confidence now, and with guys like Fletcher and Maxwell – in particular – who thrive on confidence, make them a dangerous side.
With regard to the Renegades, well what more can be said. In local derbies, they may give it a bit extra, but that aside, its hard to see them winning another match this season.