Match 40 in BBL|10 is Melbourne Stars Vs Adelaide Strikers on 15/1/21, and here we bring you our match preview, latest odds, spread betting, and top prediction on the Stars Vs Strikers.
Stars Vs Strikers Betting
- Match Odds – Melbourne Stars 8/11 – Adelaide Strikers 11/10
- Opening Partnership –Stars 8/11 – Strikers Evs – Tie 40/1
- #OddsOnThat (Betfair Special) Both Teams To Score 160+ @ Evs
- #OddsOnThat (Betfair Special) Both Teams To Score 170+ @ 15/8
Melbourne Stars Vs Adelaide Strikers Match Preview
- Melbourne Stars Vs Adelaide Strikers is Match 40 in the Big Bash League 2020/21 season, also known as BBL|10.
- The match is on 15th January, and starts at 8.15am (UK time).
- The venue for this fixture is the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG). This is officially a home match for the Stars.
- Melbourne Stars sit seventh in the Big Bash table on 16 points from nine matches.
- The Stars have won just three of their nine matches, losing five, with one No Result.
- Despite being second bottom of the table, the Stars can move level on points with the Strikers (in 4th place) should they win.
- The Stars have lost their last two matches, with the last match a 5 wickets defeat to Adelaide in the reverse fixture (Match 36).
- As already alluded too, Adelaide Strikers sit 4th in the Big Bash table, they have 20 points.
- The Strikers have played 10 matches, one more than the Stars, they’ve won five, and lost five.
- Their last match was the win over the Stars, prior to this, the Strikers managed to lose to Melbourne Renegades.
Cricket Spread Betting
- Stars/Strikers – Sell @ 3 – Buy @ 11
- Melbourne Stars – 100-50-0 Index – Sell @ 53 Buy @ 59
- Adelaide Strikers – 100-50-0 Index – Sell @ 41 Buy @ 47
For more information about spread betting, check out our cricket spread betting explained page.
Melbourne Stars Vs Adelaide Strikers Prediction 15/1/21
This is a huge match for both teams, and for the winners it will have a huge impact on their BBL season.
A win for the Stars gets them back in the mix for the Top 4. While if they lose, they are realistically playing for 4th place at best.
A win for the Strikers, and they go second in the table. Defeat, and they are involved in a five horse race for two places.
These are two pretty inconsistent teams in this season’s Big Bash. The Stars have been poor of late, while the Strikers are up and down.
The Strikers poor run of form seems to coincide with Glenn Maxwell’s runs drying up. The big hitting batsman has had a poor few games after a good start to the season.
For the Strikers, they are without the influential Rashid Khan, who departed to play for Afghanistan earlier this week.
This game really could be the season for the Stars, lose it and it’s a long way back.
With their season depending on winning this, and the lose of Rashid Khan for the Strikers, I’m expecting a big performance from the Stars, and I’m backing them to win this one.