Match 25 in Super Smash is Canterbury Kings Vs Otago Volts on 30/1/21, here we bring you our match preview, latest betting odds, spread betting, head-to-head and top match prediction.
Canterbury Kings Vs Otago Volts Betting Odds
- Match Odds – Canterbury Kings @ 8/13 – Otago Volts @ 5/4
- Opening Partnership – Kings @ 8/11 – Volts @ Evs – Tie @ 40/1
Kings Vs Volts Match Preview
- Canterbury Kings Vs Otago Volts is Match 25 in the New Zealand Super Smash.
- The match is on 30th January 2021, with a local time start of 6.10am.
- The venue for the match is Hagley Oval, Christchurch.
- Canterbury Kings sit third in the Super Smash table on 20 points from eight matches.
- The Kings need a win from either of their final two matches to guarantee qualification for the final stages.
- Otago Volts sit fifth in the table with just 8 points from seven matches.
- The Volts have won two, and lost five of their fixtures this season.
- They need to win to try and avoid finishing bottom of the Super Smash table.
Cricket Spread Betting
- Kings/Volts– Sell @ 8 Buy @ 16
- Canterbury Kings – 100-50-0 Index – Sell @ 57 Buy @ 63
- Otago Volts – 100-50-0 Index – Sell @ 37 Buy @ 43
For more information about spread betting, check out our cricket spread betting explained page.
Kings Vs Volts Head To Head
- 29/12/20 – Kings won by 61 runs
- 14/1/20 – Kings won by 6 wickets
- 30/12/19 – Volts won by 51 runs
- 2/2/19 – Kings won by 30 runs
- 23/12/18 – Volts won by 5 wickets
Canterbury Kings Vs Otago Volts Prediction 30/1/21
After a strong start to their Super Smash campaign, Canterbury Kings have lost their way a bit over the past two matches.
In their last outing they got well beat by Wellington Firebirds, losing by 7 wickets, with 2 balls to spare.
In the fixture prior to that, they got a bit of a tanking from the Northern Knights. The Kings lost that particular fixture by 8 wickets, with a mammoth 22 balls remaining. Messrs Duckworth/Lewis were involved, but nevertheless, it was still a hammering.
The Volts have just had a poor competition, full stop. They have lost their last four, and that just about sums up their showing in this season’s Super Smash.
The batting seems to have been the bigger problem with the Volts.
In their last two defeats, they haven’t even managed to get past 150, and this in a competition that has seen a lot of matches with 180+ scored in them.
I can’t see anything other than the Kings getting the win they need to confirm qualification for the finals.