The first match of the finals of BBL|10 is the Eliminator, and it’s Brisbane Heat Vs Adelaide Strikers on 29/1/21, and here we bring you our match preview, latest odds, spread betting, and top prediction on the Heat Vs Strikers.
Brisbane Heat Vs Adelaide Strikers Betting Odds
- Match Odds – Brisbane Heat @ 4/5 – Adelaide Strikers @ Evs
- Opening Partnership – Heat @ 5/6 – Strikers @ Evs – Tie @ 40/1
- #OddsOnThat (Betfair Special) Both Teams To Score 160+ @ Evs
- #OddsOnThat (Betfair Special) Both Teams To Score 170+ @ 21/10
- Brisbane Heat Vs Adelaide Strikers is the Eliminator match in the BBL|10. The match is on 29th January 2021, and starts at 8.15am in the UK.
- The venue for the match is the Gabba in Brisbane.
- Brisbane Heat finished fourth in the Big Bash table, securing their place in the finals with a win over Perth Scorchers in their final group match.
- The fourth place finish earned them the home fixture in the Eliminator match.
- Adelaide Strikers finished fifth in the Big Bash table on 28 points, just 1 behind Brisbane.
- The Strikers and the Hurricanes finished level on points, but Adelaide got fifth place due to their superior run rate.
- Both the Strikers and the Hurricanes lost their final group matches.
Cricket Spread Betting
- Heat/Strikers – Sell @ 0 Buy @ 8
- Brisbane Heat – 100-50-0 Index – Sell @ 50 Buy @ 56
- Adelaide Strikers – 100-50-0 Index – Sell @ 44 Buy @ 50
For more information about spread betting, check out our cricket spread betting explained page.
Heat Vs Scorchers Head-To-Head
- 21/1/21 – Strikers won by 82 runs
- 23/12/20 – Strikers won by 2 runs
- 17/1/20 – Strikers won by 10 wickets
- 14/1/20 – Heat won by 7 wickets
- 3/2/19 – Heat won by 6 wickets
Brisbane Heat Vs Adelaide Strikers Prediction 29/1/21
When these sides met just over a week ago, the Strikers romped home by 82 runs with a century from Alex Carey the highlight of the match.
Since then, the Strikers beat Sydney Thunder by 6 runs in their penultimate match. And then with their fate in their own hands, the Strikers lost the Thunder by a massive 9 wickets. Just when it really mattered.
Such a defeat doesn’t bode well for Adelaide. And the two matches against Sydney Thunder at the end of the group stage sums up the Strikers – inconsistent, and unreliable.
Brisbane Heat – well they’re not much better if truth be told.
But when it came to the crunch and they needed to win, they despatched Perth Scorchers in their final match, and confirmed their place in the finals via their own hands.
The Heat have a strong looking top order now of Lynn, Bryant, and Labuschagne. Although, the Strikers aren’t too bad in that department either.
The Heat have probably earned their favourites tag more down to home advantage, and I have to agree with the bookies on this one.
A combination of the Strikers’ inconsistency, and the Heat’s home advantage, make Chris Lynn’s Brisbane side my tip to win this match.