Australia Vs India – It’s all square after India’s gutsy draw in Sydney, and now it all comes down to the 4th Test match (15/1/21) to decide the series, our match preview comes with the latest odds, spread betting and match prediction.
Cricket Betting Sites
Australia Vs India Betting Odds
- Match Odds – Australia 4/9 – The Draw 16/5 – India 13/2
- Opening Partnership – Australia 4/6 – India 11/10
- First Innings Lead – Australia 2/5 – India 7/4
Australia Vs India 4th Test – Match Preview
- Australia Vs India – 4th Test Match, 14th January 2021 to 18th January 2021.
- The match comes from the Brisbane Cricket Ground (Gabba) in Brisbane, Queensland.
- The match starts at 10am local time, 12am in the UK.
- This is the final match of the four Test series, it’s currently all square at 1-1.
- Australia won the 1st Test by 8 wickets, India the 2nd Test by the same margin, and the 3rd Test was drawn.
- Virat Kohli returned home after the 1st Test, and since then India have been hit by a glut of injuries, meaning they are going to be some way short of their first choice XI going into this match.
Cricket Spread Betting
For more information about spread betting, check out our cricket spread betting explained page.
Australia Vs India 4th Test Prediction 15/1/21
Well, after the last few weeks this has got to be one of the most eagerly anticipated test matches in years.
1-1 going into the final test, two equally matched sides, what more could we ask for?
The problem is, I don’t really see it like that. India are down to the literal bare bones.
I know this is a bit tongue in cheek, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see the team doctor get a bowl for the Indians.
For all the fight, resolve, bravery and resilience that India have shown, they must by now be like a heavyweight stumbling around the ring in the 12th round, punch drunk, waiting for the coup de grâce to be delivered.
This is in no way a criticism of India. They have been battered and bruised in the first three Test matches, they have been without Kohli since Adelaide, and they have stood up impressively to everything Australia have thrown at them.
And the Aussies have thrown everything at them.
Whatever happens in this Test, I believe this series has been a success for India.
I am reluctant to write them off, the last two Tests are proof that is a risky strategy. But I just don’t see them having enough to withstand another Aussie barrage. There is hardly anybody left standing to take the Aussies on.
Will Day 5 at Sydney haunt the Aussies?
From an Australian perspective, captain Tim Paine showed that the occasion was getting to him at Sydney.
Will their inability to bowl India out on that final day also put added pressure on the team? Especially Nathan Lyon, who was the man expected to get the job done at the SCG.
There is also no Will Pucovski at the top of the order, with Marcus Harris drafted in to replace him. Fellow opener, David Warner, is now a few days fitter than he was at Sydney, which is a plus point for the hosts.
Weighing up all those pros and cons, and I can still see India struggling. Not because they aren’t up to the job, it’s just they don’t have any resources left. Meaning I have to go for a home win.