Match 18 in Super Smash is Auckland Aces Vs Northern Knights on 17/1/21, here we bring you our match preview, latest betting odds, spread betting, and top match prediction.
Cricket Betting Sites
Auckland Aces Vs Northern Knights Betting Odds
- Match Odds – Auckland Aces Evs – Northern Knights 4/5
- Opening Partnership – Aces Evs – Knights 8/11 – Tie 40/1
- Auckland Aces Vs Northern Knights is Match 18 in the New Zealand Super Smash.
- The match is on 17th January 2021, and starts at 2.10am in the UK.
- The venue for the match is Eden Park Outer Oval, Auckland.
- Auckland Aces are having an awful Super Smash season and currently sit bottom of the table with 0 points.
- So far, they have played five and lost five.
- In their last match, the Aces lost by 6 runs to Canterbury.
- Northern Knights sit fifth in the table with 4 points from six matches.
- They’ve lost five, and won just once. Last time out the Knights lost by 6 wickets to the Kings.
Cricket Spread Betting
- Aces/Knights– Sell @ 0 – Buy @ 8
- Auckland Aces – 100-50-0 Index – Sell @ 50 Buy @ 56
- Northern Knights – 100-50-0 Index – Sell @ 44 Buy @ 50
For more information about spread betting, check out our cricket spread betting explained page.
Aces Vs Knights Head To Head
- 10/1/20 – Knights won by 3 wickets
- 22/12/19 – Knights won by 28 runs
- 2/2/19 – Auckland won by 6 wickets
- 6/1/19 – Knights won by 2 runs
- 7/1/18 – Knights won by 6 wickets
Auckland Aces Vs Northern Knights Prediction 17/1/21
The Super Smash’s bottom two do battle in what must be last chance saloon for both team’s slim chances of making the play off places (top 3).
With a 16 point gap to 3rd place for the Aces, and only 20 points left to play for, they just have to win this. And even that probably won’t be enough.
Northern Knights aren’t doing much better, and a win for them would see them 8 points off the play-offs, but with only three matches left to play.
So as you can see, for both teams, it already looks way too late.
Martin Guptill’s return from international duty to the Aces side has done little to inspire them – they lost by 6 runs in their last outing.
In fairness to the Aces, the defeat was the best one they’ve had for a while. It wasn’t the usual humiliating thrashing they’ve become accustomed to.
And the returning New Zealand players will do little to help the Aces in this match either, as the Nothern Knights just have the small matter of Trent Boult, Tim Southee and Colin de Grandhomme available for selection.
Martin Guptill is capable of a match winning innings, and the Knights’ batting isn’t the strongest.
But with the returning Kiwi stars playing for the Knights, I’m tipping them to be too strong for Auckland is this one.