Match 26 in Super Smash is Wellington Firebirds Vs Central Districts on 31/1/21, here we bring you our match preview, latest betting odds, spread betting, and top match prediction.
Wellington Firebirds Vs Central Districts Betting Odds
- Match Odds – Wellington Firebirds @ 8/11 – Central Districts @ 11/10
- Opening Partnership – Firebirds @ 8/11 – Stags @ 11/10 – Tie @ 33/1
Match Preview – Firebirds Vs Volts
- Wellington Firebirds Vs Central Stags is Match 26 in the New Zealand Super Smash.
- The match is on 31st January 2021, and starts at 1.40am in the UK.
- The venue for the match is Basin Reserve, Wellington.
- The Firebirds sit top of the Super Smash table with 28 points from eight matches.
- They have already qualified for the finals, and baring something exceptional, will finish top.
- Central Districts sit third in the table on 20 points from eight matches.
- The Stags have a superior run rate over fourth placed Northern Knights, but could still be caught by the Knights.
- Victory will confirm a place in the finals for the Stags.
- A win would also give them an outside chance of piping today’s opponents, Wellington, to top spot.
Cricket Spread Betting
- Firebirds/Stags – Sell @ 2 – Buy @ 10
- Wellington Firebirds – 100-50-0 Index – Sell @ 52 Buy @ 58
- Central Districts (Stags) – 100-50-0 Index – Sell @ 42 Buy @ 48
For more information about spread betting, check out our cricket spread betting explained page.
- 27/12/20 – Firebirds won by 39 runs
- 27/12/19 – Firebirds won by 42 runs
- 18/12/19 – Stags won by 24 runs
- 1/2/19 – Stags won by 11 runs
- 31/12/18 –Firebirds won by 8 wickets
Wellington Firebirds Vs Central Districts Prediction 31/1/21
It’s first against third, and there is still quite a lot riding on this match.
A win for the Firebirds guarantees top spot, and with that, a place in the final. A win for the Stags guarantees them at least a semi-final place, and kills off the Northern Knights late charge.
But a huge win for the Stags could see them flip the NRR (net run rate) back in their favour, and would leave them with a chance of top spot. This would require Wellington to lose their final match, and the Stags to win theirs.
Wellington have been by far the strongest side in this competition, and regardless of what happens in this match, I can’t see them not finishing top.
After suffering their only defeat of the season in their sixth match, Wellington have responded with back to back wins.
This has ensured they remain top, and I can’t really see any reason for that to change in this match.
The Firebirds are also a decent looking price to win at 8/11, so they are my tip for this match.