The ODI series between the South Africans and Eoin Morgan’s English team finally gets under way today (6/12/20), and here is our South Africa Vs England match preview and prediction.
Match Preview and Brief Summary
- South Africa Vs England is the 1st ODI of a best of 3 series. The match is taking place at Boland Park, Paarl. Start time is 10am locally, which is 8am in the UK.
- This is the same 1st ODI that was originally scheduled to be played on 4/12/20, but was called off after a Proteas player tested positive ahead of the match.
- South Africa are looking for their first win over England on their white ball tour after losing the T20 series 3-0. They will take heart from the fact that they had opportunities to win the first two T20 matches.
- The hosts will also take heart from the fact that England decided to leave Dawid Malan out of their 50 over squad.
- ICC Match Centre
- Free Cricket Betting Tips
South Africa Vs England Betting
- Match Odds – South Africa 7/4 – England 4/9
- Opening Partnership – South Africa 11/10 – England 8/11 – Tie 40/1
- Both Teams To Score 250+ Runs – 7/5
South Africa Vs England Prediction 6/12/20
There is a slight makeshift look about England, and Eoin Morgan has made it clear that the 50 Over side is currently a way into the T20 squad. Suggesting the the ODI team is currently less important.
With this in mind backing England should come with a slight caveat.
But South Africa are without the injured Kasigo Rabada and they have also rested Faf du Plessis, so they also have a makeshift look about them.
Prediction – England to win @ 4/9 with Betfair
All-in-all, it’s hard to see past England though. They have the pedigree, and they are just in a different place to South Africa at the moment.
The hosts do have the talent to trouble England, but I can’t see any reason not to back Morgan’s side.