Match 34 in BBL|10 is Perth Scorchers Vs Sydney Thunder on 9/1/21, and here we bring you our match preview, latest odds, spread betting, and top prediction on the Scorchers Vs Thunder.
Scorchers Vs Thunder Betting
- Match Odds – Perth Scorchers 8/11 – Sydney Thunder 11/10
- Opening Partnership – Scorchers Evs – Thunder 4/5 – Tie 40/1
- #OddsOnThat (Betfair Special) Both Teams To Score 160+ @ Evs
- #OddsOnThat (Betfair Special) Both Teams To Score 170+ @ 15/8
Perth Scorchers Vs Sydney Thunder Match Preview
- Perth Scorchers Vs Sydney Thunder is Match 34 in the Big Bash League 2020/21 season, also known as BBL|10.
- The match is on 9th January, and starts at 8.15am (UK time).
- The venue for this fixture is the Perth Stadium, Western Australia. This is officially a home match for the Scorchers.
- Perth Scorchers are having an inconsistent BBL|10, but all is not lost.
- Despite sitting 7th in the table, the Scorchers still have a chance of making the Top 4.
- So far the Scorchers have 13 points from seven matches. They have won three, lost three, and had one No Result.
- The Scorchers are just 4 points behind 4th placed Adelaide Strikers, with two games in hand.
- In their last match Perth destroyed Sydney Sixers, beating them by a huge 86 runs.
- Sydney Thunder sit proudly at the top of the Big Bash league with 22 points from eight matches.
- They have won six and lost two of their matches this season.
- In their last outing, they beat Hobart Hurricanes by 39 runs.
- Tanveer Sangha is having a Big Bash tournament to remember for the Thunder.
- The 19 year old has 15 wickets in his 8 matches, and is the leading bowler in the competition this season.
Cricket Spread Betting
- Perth Scorchers/Sydney Thunder – Sell @ 3 Buy @ 11
- Perth Scorchers – 100-50-0 Index – Sell @ 53 Buy @ 59
- Sydney Thunder – 100-50-0 Index – Sell @ 41 Buy @ 47
For more information about spread betting, check out our cricket spread betting explained page.
Perth Scorchers Vs Sydney Thunder Prediction 9/1/21
Despite the league positions, I am in now way surprised to see that the Scorchers are the bookies favourites.
They have won their last three matches, and in their last outing they demolished Sydney Sixers.
In the 86 run win over the Sixers, the Scorchers were given a solid if unspectacular start by their top 3, This gave Mitchell Marsh the platform to come in and bludgeon 57 off 27 balls.
As well as having Marsh, the Scorchers also have Ashton Turner in their middle order, who is equally as capable.
They are yet to see the best of recent additions Jason Roy and Liam Livingstone at the top, and if both of them click, then the Scorchers will be a real handful.
How the Scorchers batting handles the spin of Tanveer Sangha could decide the outcome of this match.
If the Scorchers can get after him, I feel they will win this match, and I’m backing them to do it.