Match 50 in BBL|10 is Melbourne Stars Vs Perth Scorchers on 23/1/21, and here we bring you our match preview, latest odds, spread betting, and top prediction on the Stars Vs Scorchers.
Stars Vs Scorchers Betting
- Match Odds – Melbourne Stars 11/10 – Perth Scorchers 8/11
- Opening Partnership –Stars Evs – Scorchers 4/5 – Tie 33/1
- #OddsOnThat (Betfair Special) Both Teams To Score 160+ @ 5/6
- #OddsOnThat (Betfair Special) Both Teams To Score 170+ @ 15/8
Melbourne Stars Vs Perth Scorchers Match Preview
- Melbourne Stars Vs Perth Scorchers is Match 50 in the Big Bash League 2020/21 season, also known as BBL|10.
- The match is on 23rd January, and starts at 8.15am (UK time).
- The venue for this fixture is the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Victoria. This is officially a home match for the Stars.
- Melbourne Stars sit fourth in the table on 24 points from twelve matches.
- The Stars have won five, lost six, and have had one No Result- ironically in the reverse fixture back at the start of the competition.
- Perth Scorchers sit second in the Big Bash table. They have 28 points from twelve matches.
- The Scorchers have won seven, lost four, and had one No Result.
- They are the form team in the competition, winning seven of their last eight matches.
- A win for the Scorchers confirms their top 5 place.
- Our Cricket Betting Tips page has stacks more tips like this one, all 100% free!
Cricket Spread Betting
- Scorchers/Stars – Sell @ 4 Buy @ 12
- Hobart Hurricanes – 100-50-0 Index – Sell @ 40 Buy @ 46
- Perth Scorchers – 100-50-0 Index – Sell @ 54 Buy @ 60
For more information about spread betting, check out our cricket spread betting explained page.
Melbourne Stars Vs Perth Scorchers Prediction 23/1/21
What a match this promises to be.
The Stars must be still smarting from the golden opportunity they missed to cement their place in the top 5, when they lost the Melbourne Derby to the Renegades earlier this week.
That really was a great opportunity to get themselves into the top 2, and all but confirm a play-off place. Instead they find themselves needing to beat one of the form teams in the competition.
They never really got going with the bat, and only really Nick Larkin made a telling contribution. But his 61 not out wasn’t enough to get the Stars to a winning total.
The Scorchers just need to win one of their last two matches to progress. They beat Hobart fairly comfortably (by 22 runs) yesterday, and that win has eased the pressure going into these final two matches.
Although the English pair at the top (Jason Roy and Liam Livingstone) have done okay, I still think they have a lot more to offer. Maybe they are saving their best for the play-offs.
Anyway, I think the Scorchers will confirm their place in the top 5 on Saturday by winning this one.