Cricket Betting Sites
1st Test – India Vs England starting 5/2/21, our review brings you all the betting information you need, with latest odds, spread betting, and our free cricket betting tips and match prediction.
India Vs England Betting Odds
- Match Odds – India @ 4/9 – Draw @ 9/2 – England @ 7/2
- Opening Partnership – India @ 8/13 – England @ 6/5
- 1st Innings Lead – India @ 4/9 England @ 13/8
- India Vs England – 1st Test– 5th February – 9th February.
- The match starts at 4am (UK time), and is being played at the MA Chidambaram Stadium
- This is the first of a four test match series.
- India are fresh from a remarkable 2-1 series win away in Australia.
- The hosts also welcome back skipper Virat Kohli, who missed the final 3 Tests in Australia.
- England have just completed a pretty comprehensive 2-0 win over Sri Lanka.
- The visitors have also won their last five away Test matches, albeit there is a 12 month gap between the two in Sri Lanka, and the proceeding three.
Cricket Spread Betting
For more information about spread betting, check out our cricket spread betting explained page.
- India: Rohit Sharma, Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli (C), Ajinkya Rahane, Rishabh Pant, Washington Sundar, Ravichandran Ashwin, Shahbaz Nadeem, Ishant Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah.
- England: Rory Burns, Dom Sibley, Dan Lawrence, Joe Root (C), Ben Stokes, Ollie Pope, Jos Buttler, Dom Bess, Jofra Archer, Jack Leach, James Anderson.
India Vs England Prediction 5/2/21
India must be licking their lips at the prospect of taking on England at home on the back of their magnificent series win in Australia.
Despite all the injuries India left Australia with, they have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to naming a starting XI for this one.
Skipper Virat Kohli is back, and the Indians also have R Ashwin, Ishant Sharma and Jasprit Bumrah available again. All players that didn’t play in the winning Test match against Australia!
For England, they have Jofra Archer and Ben Stokes available again, and youngster Ollie Pope looks set to return after injury.
On the flip side, Zak Crawley is out with a wrist injury. The biggest concern there is it completely changes England’s batting plans, with Joe Root now likely to have to bat at 3.
Personally, I don’t expect anything other than a series win for India. But it will be fascinating to see how competitive England are.
Back in 2016/17, England were despatched pretty comprehensively, losing 4-0. And along the way, they suffered quite a few humiliations..
It wouldn’t surprise me to see a similar score line this time around. But the difference is, I expect the Test matches to be a lot closer.