Australia Vs India preview of the 2nd T20 (6/12/20), with latest betting odds and top match prediction.
Match Preview and Brief Summary
- This is the second match of the three match series. India lead the series 1-0 after winning the first match by 11 runs on Friday.
- The match is being played at the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG), on 6th December. Start time is 7.10pm local time, which is 8.10am in the UK.
- After being 72/1 for one during the run chase, Australia will be disappointed that they didn’t get the job done in the 1st T20. Australia found themselves in a similarly decent position in the final ODI, and came up short in that run chase as well.
- They also had India on the ropes when they were batting, and let Kohli’s team off the hook. Josh Hazlewood was the chief offender, going for 23 runs in the penultimate over of the Indian innings.
- To further deepen Australia’s troubles, there’s a huge doubt over the fitness of captain Arron Finch. Matthew Wade is set to take over the captaincy if Finch doesn’t make it.
- In the end Virat Kohli will feel that his India side won with plenty to spare, even though the final result was 11 runs. And there is also plenty of room for improvement in the Indian ranks as well – especially in the field, where more than one catch went down, including a shocker from the skipper himself.
- India are also going to be without star of the show with the bat in 1st T20, Ravindra Jadeja, for this match – or as Cricinfo sarcastically put it, from the start of the match this time. A reference to Jadeja continuing to bat without any problem following a bang to the head, but then after pulling a muscle, being replaced in the field by a substitute under the concussion protocol. It’s not like Australia wouldn’t have pulled a stroke like that themselves!
- Match Centre
- More Free Cricket Betting Tips on other series and tournaments.
Australia Vs India Betting
- Match Odds – Australia 5/6 – India 10/11
- Opening Partnership – Australia 8/11 – India 11/10 – Tie 40/1
- Both Teams To Score 170+ Runs – 11/8
Australia Vs India Prediction 6/12/20
There’s been quite a significant shift in the odds for this one, and the betting is all but 50/50 for this one. In the previous matches, Australia were around the 1/2 mark.
So far in this series, every match has been won by the team batting first. So maybe just wait for the toss and see who bats first.
That said, I’m going for India again in this one. They’re on a bit of a roll now, and Australia have major injury concerns.
And as I alluded to ahead of the 1st T20, Kohli will be mad to get his series win before returning home.