Match 27 in Super Smash is Auckland Aces Vs Otago Volts on 1/2/21, here we bring you our match preview, latest betting odds, spread betting, and top match prediction.
Auckland Aces Vs Otago Volts Betting Odds
- Match Odds – Auckland Aces @ 8/11 – Otago Volts @ 11/10
- Opening Partnership – Aces @ 8/11 – Volts @ 11/10 – Tie @ 40/1
- Auckland Aces Vs Otago Volts is Match 27 in the New Zealand Super Smash.
- The match is on 1st February 2021 in New Zealand. Due to the time difference, the match starts on 31st January, at 10.20pm in the UK.
- The venue for the match is Eden Park Outer Oval, Auckland.
- The Auckland Aces sit bottom of the table with just 4 points from their eight matches.
- The Aces have won just once this campaign, losing their other seven matches.
- Otago Volts haven’t fared much better.
- They sit second bottom of the table on just 8 points from their eight matches.
- The Volts have won twice, and lost six times.
- Our Cricket Betting Tips page has stacks more tips like this one, all 100% free!
Cricket Spread Betting
- Aces/Volts– Sell @ 2 Buy @ 10
- Auckland Aces – 100-50-0 Index – Sell @ 53 Buy @ 59
- Otago Volts – 100-50-0 Index – Sell @ 41 Buy @ 47
For more information about spread betting, check out our cricket spread betting explained page.
Aces Vs Volts Head To Head
- 28/12/20 – Volts won by 45 runs
- 17/1/20 – Aces won by 3 wickets
- 19/12/19 – No Result
- 14/12/19 – Volts won by 13 runs
- 20/1/19 – Aces won by 4 runs
Auckland Aces Vs Otago Volts Prediction 1/2/21
On the surface this match seems like a dead rubber. But in fact, it’s a match that could be billed as the Wooden Spoon fixture.
A win for the Volts ensures that Auckland finish bottom of the pile. While a win for the Aces takes them level on points with the Volts, and keeps the race to avoid bottom spot going until the final round of fixtures.
In their last match (On Saturday) against Canterbury Kings, the Volts did make a respectable 162 with the bat, but in all honesty it was never going to be enough.
Prior to that they only made 137/9, so it was an improvement of sorts – if nothing else.
Throughout the season the Volts lack of runs has been their main problem though.
For the Aces, their form has slightly picked up of late. They ran the in form Northern Knights close in their last outing, taking the match right down to the final ball.
Prior to that, the Aces managed their only win. They beat Central Stags by 17 runs, with a swashbuckling 73 (in 34 balls) from Mark Chapman helping them to a total of 199/7. An amount beyond the Stags.
The Aces enter this match in slightly better form, so they are my pick to win this one – and in the process, taking the race to avoid the wooden spoon down to the final weekend.