The opening match of Super Smash 2020/21 is Wellington Firebirds Vs Auckland Aces on 24/12/20, here is our match preview and top prediction.
Best Cricket Betting Sites
Wellington Firebirds Vs Auckland Aces Betting Odds
- Match Odds – Wellington Firebirds EVS – Auckland Aces 4/5
- Opening Partnership – Firebirds 11/10 – Aces 8/11 – Tie 33/1
- Wellington Firebirds Vs Auckland Aces is Match 1 of the 2020/21 Dream 11 Super Smash.
- The match is being played at the Basin Reserve, Wellington, starting at 00.40 in UK.
- The Super Smash competition is New Zealand’s domestic T20 competition, and is their equivalent of the Big Bash in Australia.
- Kiwi stars Devon Conway, Jimmy Neesham, Martin Guptill and Glenn Phillips will have to sit this one out, as NZC have strict rules surrounding player workloads, and the quartet have just played a T20 series against Pakistan.
- Without the main New Zealand stars, both teams look a bit short on quality.
- Last season Wellington topped the Super Smash table with 24 points. They won six of their ten matches (losing four).
- Auckland Aces finished 3rd in the 2019/20 season table with 20 points. The Aces won four and lost four, with two No Results.
- In the last 5 meetings between these two teams, the head-to-head is two apiece, with one match abandoned without a ball bowled.
- This match is a rerun of last season’s final in January 2020, the last time the two teams met. On that occasion Wellington won by 22 runs. Devon Conway top scored for the Firebirds with 49.
Wellington Firebirds Vs Auckland Aces Prediction 24/12/20
With this being the first match of the competition, there is no team form to go on.
Auckland are the bookies favourites, and they have revenge on their minds after losing the final of last season’s Super Smash to the Firebirds.
Even without the Kiwi stars of both teams, the Aces still look to have the stronger team on paper, and they are my tip to win this one.