South Africa Vs Sri Lanka is the 1st Test match of the series (starting 26/12/20), and here in our match review, we have all the information you need along with our match prediction.
Best Cricket Betting Sites
South Africa Vs Sri Lanka Betting Odds
- Match Odds – South Africa 2/7 – The Draw 6/1 – Sri Lanka 5/1
- Opening Partnership – South Africa 3/10 – Sri Lanka 11/5
- First Innings Lead – South Africa 3/10 – Sri Lanka 11/5
- South Africa Vs Sri Lanaka – 1st Test Match, 26th December 2020, to 30th December, 2020. Live match centre.
- The match is being played at SuperSport Park, Centurion. It starts at 10am on Boxing Day, local time, which is 8am in the UK.
- South Africa have had a troubled build up to the series, both on and off the field.
- Disputes over ‘Black Lives Matter’ gestures has threatened to expose cracks in the squad, but so far the players have spoken publicly with one voice.
- Wicket-keeper Quinton de Kock has assumed the captaincy of the team, but he only sees himself doing it on a part time basis.
- The will be the first Test match Sri Lanka have played for 11 months.
- The last time Sri Lanka played in South Africa was in early 2019, back then the visitors won the two match Test series 2-0.
- Sri Lanka are without Angelo Mathews for this series. While Suranga Lakmal is in the squad, but is an injury doubt for the 1st Test.
- The majority of the Sri Lankan squad have only been playing white ball cricket over the past few months. Meaning they may be a bit rusty going into this series.
South Africa Vs Sri Lanka Team News and Weather
Neither team have named their starting elevens for the 1st Test yet. Both sides have named rather large squads for the two Test Matches, they are –
- South Africa Squad – Quinton de Kock (C and WK), Temba Bavuma, Aiden Markram, Faf du Plessis, Beuran Hendricks, Dean Elgar, Keshav Maharaj, Lungi Ngidi, Rassie van der Dussen, Sarel Erwee, Anrich Nortje, Glenton Stuurman, Wiaan Mulder, Keegan Petersen, Kyle Verreynne, Migael Pretorius, Dwaine Pretorius, Lutho Sipamla, Raynard van Tonder.
- Sri Lanka Squad – Dimuth Karunaratne (C), Kusal Janith Perera, Dinesh Chandimal, Kusal Mendis, Oshada Fernando, Dhananjaya De Silva, Niroshan Dickwella, Minod Bhanuka, Lahiru Thirimanne, Lasith Embuldeniya, Wanindu Hasaranga, Dilruwan Perera, Suranga Lakmal, Lahiru Kumara, Vishwa Fernando, Kasun Rajitha, Dushmantha Chameera, Dasun Shanaka, Santhush Gunathilake, Asitha Fernando, Dilshan Madushanka.
Weather looks good across the 5 days. There has been a bit of rain in the build up, but only late on in the afternoon of Day 2 is that likely to return.
South Africa Vs Sri Lanka Prediction 26/12/20
The visitors look a touch over priced at odds of 5/1, against a slightly dysfunctional South African team.
The hosts always seem to be in a state of flux these days. But when the South Africans find their backs against the wall, they tend to come out fighting.
A combination of the South African’s fighting spirit, and the Lankan’s lack of long format cricket mean I’m going to have to side with the home team on this occasion.