Match 9 in BBL|10 is Perth Scorchers Vs Melbourne Stars on 16/12/20, and here we bring you our match preview, latest betting, and top prediction.
Cricket Betting Sites
Perth Scorchers Vs Melbourne Stars Betting Odds
- Match Odds – Perth Scorchers 11/10 – Melbourne Stars 8/11
- Opening Partnership – Scorchers 11/10 – Stars 8/11 – Tie 40/1
- #OddsOnThat (Betfair Special) Both Teams To Score 160+ @ 5/6
Match Preview – Brief Summary
- Perth Scorchers Vs Melbourne Stars is Match 9 in the BBL|10. The match is on 16th December, and starts 8.15am in the UK.
- The venue for this fixture is Aurora Stadium, Launceston, Tasmania. This is a neutral venue due to matches being played in bio-secure bubbles.
- Perth Scorchers lost their opening match to Melbourne Renegades by 7 wickets. They currently sit bottom of the table with no points.
- A positive from the defeat for Perth is that 3 or 4 of their batsmen got starts, and they do bat deep.
- The openers both failed against Melbourne as well, and although they’re not the strongest in the competition, they will score runs.
- Melbourne Stars have got their Big Bash campaign off to an absolute flyer. They currently sit top of the table with 2 wins from 2 matches. And they were 2 pretty convincing wins as well.
- In Match 2, the Stars beat Brisbane Heat by 6 wickets, and in Match 3 they beat Sydney Thunder by 22 runs.
- Stand out performers for the Stars so far have been Marcus Stoinis and Glenn Maxwell with the bat, and Nathan Coulter-Nile and Adam Zampa with the ball.
- In Glenn Maxwell, the Stars probably have the form T20 player in the world at the moment. Although, Dawid Malan might have something to say about that!
Perth Scorchers Vs Melbourne Stars Prediction 16/12/20
The Scorchers do look a strong unit, and as I alluded too earlier, I think they have the batsmen to come good in this competition.
Melbourne Stars are just looking like the team to beat at the moment. And in Stoinis, Maxwell and Zampa, they have match winners throughout the team.
They will also have the small matter of Nathan Coulter-Nile being available for this one, after he was rested for the win over Sydney Thunder – he took 4/10 the previous day in the win over Brisbane Heat.
The Scorchers will come good, and it could very well be in this match. But how can you back against Glenn Maxwell and his Melbourne Stars at the moment?