New Zealand Vs Pakistan (20/12/20) – 2nd T20 takes place at Seddon Park on Sunday, and here is our match preview with prediction for the second match of the series.
New Zealand Vs Pakistan Betting Odds
- Match Odds – New Zealand 4/9 – Pakistan 7/4
- Opening Partnership – New Zealand 4/5 – Pakistan EVS – Tie 33/1
- Both Teams To Score 170+ Runs – 8/11
- Both Teams To Score 180+ Runs – 7/4
- New Zealand Vs Pakistan – the 2nd T20 international is on 20th December 2020. The match is at Seddon Park in Hamilton.
- This is the second of a three match series, New Zealand won the opening match by 5 wickets at Eden Park on Friday.
- Prior to Friday’s win, New Zealand beat West Indies 2-0 in a T20 series on home soil.
- The Black Caps welcome back skipper Kane Williamson, Trent Boult and Tim Southee. Friday’s captain, Mitchell Santner is rested.
- Pakistan looked rusty to say the least in Friday’s 5 wicket defeat.
- They are still without skipper Babar Azam, who is out of the three match T20 series with an injured thumb.
- One positive for Pakistan is that they did manage to post a fighting total in the 1st match after been 39/5 and 79/6.
New Zealand Vs Pakistan Prediction 20/12/20
In theory, if Pakistan couldn’t beat a New Zealand side without Williamson, Boult and Southee, then they should have no chance against the hosts with them back in the side.
Thankfully cricket doesn’t work like that. And such is the unpredictable nature of Pakistan, they are just as likely to beat New Zealand with that trio, than without.
In this instance though, its hard to make a case for the visitors.
New Zealand just look like a side that are in a really good place at the moment.
In Kane Williamson they have one of the best players in the world. And he is probably now at the peak of his powers.
The only real case I can make for Pakistan in this match is their ability to produce a performance out of the blue. The sort where they can beat anybody on their day.
Will that come in this match? I can’t see it, so I’m sticking with the Kiwis.