The next instalment of BBL|10 is Melbourne Stars Vs Sydney Thunder on 12/12/20, and here we bring you our match preview, latest betting, and match prediction.
Cricket Betting Sites
Melbourne Stars Vs Sydney Thunder Betting Odds
- Match Odds – Melbourne Stars 8/13 – Sydney Thunder 5/4
- Opening Partnership – Stars 4/5 – Thunder EVS – Tie 40/1
- #OddsOnThat – Both teams to score 160+ runs @ 5/6 with Betfair
Match Preview – Brief Summary
- Melbourne Stars Vs Sydney Thunder is Match 3 in BBL|10. The match starts at 4.05pm local time (5.05am UK), and is being played at Manuka Oval, Canberra.
- The Manuka Oval is a neutral venue, although officially this is a home game for Melbourne Stars .
- The Stars won their opening match against Brisbane Heat on Friday by 6 wickets, with 17 balls to spare.
- In form Glenn Maxwell continued his excellent run with a quick fire 46 runs from just 26 balls.
- The Stars will name their starting XI from the same 14 man squad they used for the win over Brisbane Heat. The 14 men are Glenn Maxwell (C), Hilton Cartwright, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Ben Dunk, Andre Fletcher, Seb Gotch, Liam Hatcher, Clint Hinchliffe, Dilbar Hussain, Nick Larkin, Tom O’Connell, Billy Stanlake, Marcus Stoinis and Adam Zampa.
- Sydney Thunder are the big outsiders, they started the tournament at 10/1. The last of the 8 franchises in the betting.
- The Thunder are led by former Aussie international Callum Ferguson. They have named a 16 man squad for the season opener.
- Full Sydney Thunder squad – Callum Ferguson (C), Jonathan Cook, Ben Cutting, Ollie Davies, Brendan Doggett, Matt Gilkes, Chris Green, Alex Hales, Baxter Holt, Usman Khawaja, Nathan McAndrew, Adam Milne, Arjun Nair, Alex Ross, Daniel Sams, Tanveer Sangha and Chris Tremain.
- One of the Thunder’s main players is Alex Hales. The former (for now) England opener was second top run scorer in the Big Bash last year, and is now a seasoned T20 franchise specialist.
- The Thunder also have England’s Sam Billings on their playing staff, but he is in quarantine having just recently arrived from England’s aborted tour of South Africa.
- Twitter Hashtags #BBL|10 #TeamGreen #ThunderNation
Melbourne Stars Vs Sydney Thunder Prediction 12/12/20
The Stars looked strong when beating the Heat in their season opener, and they do look the stronger outfit on paper.
Sydney Thunder have recruited well though, and in players like Alex Hales and Adam Milne, the Thunder have match winners in their squad.
I expect this to be a closer game than the Stars’ win yesterday, but ultimately I think Melbourne will win.
Marcus Stoinis had a rare failure in Match 2, and is yet to contribute. And Glenn Maxwell seems to be playing his white ball cricket on another level at the moment.