India were humbled in the 1st Test, and now its Australia Vs India in the 2nd Test match on (26/12/20), our match preview comes with the latest odds and prediction.
Best Cricket Betting Sites
Australia Vs India Betting Odds
- Match Odds – Australia 3/10 – The Draw 6/1 – India 5/1
- Opening Partnership – Australia 8/15 – India 11/8
- First Innings Lead – Australia 2/4 – India 7/4
- Australia Vs India – 2nd Test Match, 26th December to 30th December, 2020.
- The match comes from the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) in Melbourne, Victoria. The Boxing Day Test starts at 10.30am local time, that’s 11.30pm in UK on Christmas Day
- Victory for Australia in the 2nd Test gives them an unassailable 2-0 lead in the four match series.
- Hosts, Australia won the 1st Test by 8 wickets, but that doesn’t tell the full story.
- From a dominant position in the match, India were bowled out for an embarrassing 36 in their 2nd innings. The humiliation lasting just 21.2 Overs.
- There is still no David Warner for Australia, so they are set to continue with the opening partnership of Joe Burns and Matthew Wade.
- India are without Virat Kohli for the rest of the seires. The Captain returned home at the end of the 1st Test to attend the birth of his child.
- As well as the awful batting collapse, India were also badly down by their fielding in the 1st Test.
- Their 1st innings lead would have been far more than the 53 runs it was, had they held half the chances they spilled.
Australia Vs India 2nd Test Teams and Weather
- Australia Team – The Aussies look likely to go into the 2nd Test with the same team that won the 1st one. The expected line up is Joe Burns, Matthew Wade, Marnus Labuschagne, Steven Smith, Travis Head, Cameron Green, Tim Paine (C and WK), Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood and Nathan Lyon.
- India Team – The Indians have already named their playing XI, it is Mayank Agarwal, Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane (C), Hanuma Vihari, Rishabh Pant (WK), Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin, Umesh Yadav, Mohammed Siraj, Jasprit Bumrah.
- Melbourne Weather – Days 1, 3, 4. and 5 look set to be decent conditions. Day 2 has rain forecast, along with 30 degree plus temperatures.
Australia Vs India 2nd Test Prediction 26/12/20
Calling this Test match is very difficult. Based on the result of the 1st Test, it should be easy, but there are factors to take into consideration.
Up until that fateful first session of Day 3, India were in the driving seat. No one foreseen what was to come.
The Indians also know that the Aussie batting is frail at the top, so they will still sniff a chance in this series.
The recalls of Pant and Jadeja are attacking selections from the Indians. But will that be enough to make up for the loss of Virat Kohli and Mohammed Shami.
Australia at 3/10 looks a bit short, but how can you back against them?
They’ve got the Indians where they want them, and there is no better side in the world than Australia at bullying a team already down on their luck.