Next stop is Canberra for the 1st T20 international, and here’s our match preview and prediction for Australia Vs India on 4/12/20.
Aus Vs India Match Summary
- 1st T20 international, Australia Vs India from Manuka Oval in Canberra. This is the first match in a best of three series. The second and third matches are on the 6th and 8th December, both in Sydney.
- Australia are the No.2 ranked T20 side in the world, England knocked them off top spot earlier this week. India are ranked 3 in the world.
- The match starts at 7.10pm local time. In the UK, that’s 8.10 in the morning.
- In twenty T20 matches between these two sides, Australia have won 8, and India 11, with 1 no result.
- ICC Match Centre
- Australia are without the injured David Warner, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Marsh and most probably Marcus Stoinis. India still have no Rohit Sharma.
- Aaron Finch’s Australia side will be looking to bounce back from losing the 3rd ODI on Tuesday. The Aussies did win the series 2-1, so they will be going into the T20 series on a high, despite the minor set back earlier this week.
- For India, Virat Kohli is set to leave for home after the 1st Test, so this is probably his last chance to win a series in Australia on this particular tour. I think it’s safe to say Virat will be fired up and especially looking to win this series.
- The loss of both Warner and Sharma is a big blow to this series, as they are two of the best players in world cricket. The two teams are blessed with enough talent to overcome these losses though, and it should be an entertaining 3 matches.
- Australia are the bookmakers favourites, they go into the match at 8/11 to win the 1st match. In series betting, Australia are 8/13, while India are 5/4.
- Free Cricket Betting Tips Today
Australia Vs India Match Betting
- Match Odds – Australia 8/11 – India 11/10
- Opening Partnership – Australia 4/5 India Evs – Tie 40/1
- Both Teams To Score 170+ Runs – 6/4
Australia Vs India Prediction 4/12/20
Unlike in the ODI series which was arguably decided by the toss, I expect this series to be different and more competitive.
Australia are more the form side in this format, but they will be hurt by the loss of Warner, and even the loss of Mitchell Marsh, who had a decent time in England with the white ball.
Prediction – India to win @ 11/10 with Betfair
India will be smarting from the loss of the 50 Over series, but will take confidence from finally getting a win under their belts in the 3rd match.
If they can manage to keep Glenn Maxwell relatively quiet, I think India can win this.