Match 22 in Super Smash is Wellington Firebirds Vs Otago Volts on 24/1/21, here we bring you our match preview, latest betting odds, spread betting, and top match prediction.
Cricket Betting Sites
Wellington Firebirds Vs Otago Volts Betting Odds
- Match Odds – Wellington Firebirds 8/11 – Otago Volts 11/10
- Opening Partnership – Firebirds 8/11 – Volts 11/10 – Tie 33/1
Match Preview – Firebirds Vs Volts
- Wellington Firebirds Vs Otago Volts is Match 22 in the New Zealand Super Smash.
- The match is on 24th January 2021, and starts at 1.40am in the UK.
- The venue for the match is Basin Reserve, Wellington.
- Wellington Firebirds sit top of the Super Smash table with 20 points from six matches.
- They are on the same amount of points as Central Stags and Canterbury Kings, but have the better net run rate (NRR).
- Otago Volts sit fifth in the table with 8 points from six matches.
- The Volts have won two, and lost four matches so far this season.
Firebirds Vs Volts Head-To-Head
- 14/1/21 – Firebirds won by 5 wickets
- 6/1/20 – Firebirds won by 10 wickets
- 21/12/19 – Firebirds won by 1 run
- 27/1/19 – Firebirds won by 11 runs
- 21/12/18 – Volts won by 1 run
Wellington Firebirds Vs Otago Volts Prediction 24/1/21
After defeat in their last match, Wellington Firebirds will be looking to bounce back immediately with a win.
Prior to the defeat to Canterbury Kings in Match 17, the Firebirds had won their opening five matches.
Wellington will be without Kiwi international Jimmy Neesham who injured his finger against Canterbury.
The Volts have a decent looking side on paper. And it’s a similar situation to yesterday’s match involving Auckland Aces – where you know at some point these players will perform and win, it’s just hard knowing when that performance will be.
I am tempted to go with the Volts, but I’ve made the mistake of backing against the Firebirds a couple of times already this season.