Match 23 in Super Smash is Wellington Firebirds Vs Canterbury Kings on 25/1/21, here we bring you our match preview, latest betting odds, spread betting, and top match prediction.
Cricket Betting Sites
Wellington Firebirds Vs Canterbury Kings Betting Odds
- Match Odds – Wellington Firebirds @ 8/11 – Canterbury Kings @ 11/10
- Opening Partnership – Firebirds @ 5/6 – Kings @ Evs – Tie @ 40/1
Match Preview – Firebirds Vs Kings
- Wellington Firebirds Vs Canterbury Kings is Match 23 in the New Zealand Super Smash.
- The match is on 25th January 2021, and starts at 2.10am in the UK.
- The venue for the match is Basin Reserve, Wellington.
- Wellington Firebirds sit top of the Super Smash table with 24 points from seven matches.
- They’ve won six matches, and lost just once.
- Canterbury Kings sit third in the table on 20 points from seven matches.
- The Kings have won five, and lost twice.
Firebirds Vs Kings Head-To-Head
- 16/1/21 – Kings won by 4 wickets
- 9/1/20 – Kings won by 3 runs
- 15/12/19 – Firebirds won by 6 wickets
- 9/2/19 – Kings won by 7 wickets
- 6/1/19 – Firebirds won by 65 runs
Wellington Firebirds Vs Canterbury Kings Prediction 25/1/21
This is an absolutely huge game in the context of the 2020/21 season.
A win for the Firebirds all but puts them in the final, while a win for the Kings makes it a three way fight for top place, and that coveted place in the final.
The Firebirds went clear at the top in their 4 wicket win over Otago yesterday, and with it put themselves in pole position for top spot.
They won the match despite rare failures from Finn Allen and Devon Conway. Usually one of the other contributes, but on this occasion, neither made double figures.
For Canterbury, they suffered a major setback in their last outing, losing to Northern Knights by 8 wickets.
It turned out to be a rain effected match, but the Kings were 118 all out from 19.1 Overs when they batted. Rain or no rain, that’s a pretty poor performance.
Was that just a blip? We’ll soon find out.
I can’t help but think this is a case of the Kings stronger bowling line up, against the Firebirds stronger batting line up. Whoever wins that battle, wins the match.
The Firebirds only defeat of the season so far has come at the hands of Canterbury Kings. So the Kings know how to beat Wellington.
Despite this, I’m going to go with the Firebirds to make it two in two days. I think they’ve been the best side in the competition this season, and I’m backing them to continue that run.