The tour starts with four Test matches. These are followed by five T20s, and finally three ODIs.
The tour is to held with players in bio secure bubbles. There has been no announcement yet whether there will be any fans in attendance.
England Tour of India 2021 – Full Schedule
The entire tour will be held at just three venues – Chennai, Ahmedabad and Pune – due to Covid-19 safety concerns.
Test Series – England tour of India
The four Test matches will be held across two of the venues, the dates for the matches are…..
- 5th-9th February 2021: First Test, MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai
- 13th-17th February: Second Test, MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai
- 24th-28th February: Third Test, Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad
- 4-8 Mar: Fourth Test, Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad
The Third Test at Ahmedabad will be played under lights, and is the first Day/Night Test match between the two nations.
The Sardar Patel Stadium in Ahmedabad – also known as the Motera Stadium – is now officially the largest stadium in the world, with a capacity of 110,000.
Five T20s, also in Ahmedabad, will follow on immediately after the Test series ends.
With the World T20 on the horizon, this will be a great opportunity for both nations to fine tune their sides ahead of the competition.
- 12th March: First T20, Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad
- 14th March: Second T20, Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad
- 16th March: Third T20, Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad
- 18th March: Fourth T20, Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad
- 20th March: Fifth T20, Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad
The final leg of the tour is the three ODIs in Pune. The dates for these matches are:-
- 23rd March: First ODI, MCA Stadium, Pune
- 26th March: Second ODI, MCA Stadium, Pune
- 28th March: Third ODI, MCA Stadium, Pune
England will head to India on 27th January 2021, the day after the tour of Sri Lanka ends.