Australia got the series off to a winning start on Friday, meaning India will be determined to bounce back when the teams meet in the 2nd match on Sunday (29/11/20), here’s our Australia Vs India match preview and prediction.
- Australia won the 1st ODI on Friday by 66 runs. Meaning India have to win this match to keep the best of 3 series alive.
- Steve Smith was man of the match in the 1st ODI after smacking a 62 ball century. Smith was one of two century makers for Australia, along with skipper Aaron Finch, who top scored with 114.
- Marcus Stoinis is a major doubt for Australia with a side strain. If he’s not fit to play, one of Sean Abbott, Cameron Green or Moises Henriques is likely to play.
- Australia are 8/15 to win the match, India are 6/4 – Odds courtesy of Betfair
- India seem to have issues balancing their side. Kohli’s team seem to be struggling for a 6th bowling option, and have a long tail.
- Mitchell Starc’s struggles against India continued in the 1st ODI, he started his spell on Friday with an 11 ball over, that went for 20 runs.
- The SCG is set to bake in temperatures approaching 40C, could the dry pitch play into the hands of the spinners?
Australia Vs India 2nd ODI Preview
The Aussies did what they do best in the 1st ODI on Friday, won the toss, got out in front, and never really let their opponents back into the match.
It will great to see India win the toss and bat first here. If they can put a good score on the board, they have the attack to defend it.
Australia are a smart cricket team though. They know that India don’t have a great 6th bowling option. So Finch and co will be prepared to attack one of the main five bowlers, forcing Kohli into using his 6th option.
This could be key to deciding the outcome of the match.
- Venue – Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG)
- Date – 29/11/20
- Time – 3.40am (UK Time)
- TV – BT Sports
- Match Centre
- Cricket Betting Tips
Australia Vs India Betting
- Match Odds – Australia 8/15 – India 6/4
- Opening Partnership – Australia 4/6 – India 11/10 – Tie 40/1
- Both Teams To Score 275+ Runs – 10/11
Australia Vs India Prediction 29/11/20
I tend to get the feeling that this is one of those matches where whoever wins the toss has a huge advantage. Which does make tipping a bit difficult.
Both sides have huge fire power in their batting, and it will probably just come down to who fires best on the day.
India have had a look at the conditions now, and have a match under their belt. But I think Australia just look like they have the edge.
Meaning I can only really go with the Australians to win again.