The Ashes is contested over 5 Test matches, with all 5 matches played at different venues. This year sees the action starting off in Wales, at Cardiff’s SWALEC Stadium, this is the second time an Ashes Test match has been hosted in the Principality.
These days the fixtures come thick and fast, with Cardiff and Lord’s, back to back Test matches. Then there is a brief break before back to back Tests at Edgbaston and Trent Bridge.
The 5th and final Test at the Kia Oval comes after a 10 day break. If the outcome of the whereabouts of the Ashes is still undecided after the 4th Test, then the 10 day build up to the Oval finale could reach fever pitch. Let’s hope this to be the case.
2015 Ashes Itinerary
- 1st Test – England v Australia – Sophia Gardens/SWALEC Stadium, Cardiff – Wed Jul 8 – Sun Jul 12
- 2nd Test – England v Australia – Lord’s, London – Thu Jul 16 – Mon Jul 20
- 3rd Test – England v Australia – Edgbaston, Birmingham – Wed Jul 29 – Sun Aug 2
- 4th Test – England v Australia – Trent Bridge, Nottingham – Thu Aug 6 – Mon Aug 10
- 5th Test – England v Australia – Kia Oval, London – Thu Aug 20 – Mon Aug 24
Australia enter the series as the red hot favourites. Darren Lehmann’s side are the defending Ashes, and therefore only need to draw the series to keep the Urn.
In Ashes Betting, Australia start the series as 1/3 to win it outright. They are as short as 1/5 to return Down Under as holders of the Urn.